Consumer - Related Links
Open Access Articles- Top Results for Consumer
International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and TechnologyBrand Loyaltys Influence on Womens Shopping for Behavior with Special Relevance Bath Soap
International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and TechnologyTruncated Life Test Sampling Plan under Log-Logistic Model
International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication EngineeringProduct Aspect Ranking Techniques: A Survey
Journal of Biodiversity & Endangered SpeciesDo Consumers Prefer Wild, Farmed Bear Bile or Substitutes?
Journal of Biodiversity & Endangered SpeciesTiger Image on Medicinal Plasters Serve as a Cue for Traditional Medicine Consumers
Economics and marketing
The consumer is the one who pays to consume goods and services produced. As such, consumers play a vital role in the economic system of a nation. Without consumer demand, producers would lack one of the key motivations to produce: to sell to consumers. The consumer also forms part of the chain of distribution.
Recently in marketing instead of marketers generating broad demographic profiles and psycho-graphic profiles of market segments, marketers have started to engage in personalized marketing, permission marketing, and mass customization.
Law and politics
The law primarily uses the notion of the consumer in relation to consumer protection laws, and the definition of consumer is often restricted to living persons (i.e. not corporations or businesses) and excludes commercial users. A typical legal rationale for protecting the consumer is based on the notion of policing market failures and inefficiencies, such as inequalities of bargaining power between a consumer and a business. As of all potential voters are also consumers, consumer protection takes on a clear political significance.
Concern over the interests of consumers has also spawned activism, as well as incorporation of consumer education into school curricula. There are also various non-profit publications, such as Which?, Consumer Reports and Choice Magazine, dedicated to assist in consumer education and decision making.
In India, the Consumer Protection Act 1986 differentiates the consummation of a commodity or service for personal use or to earn a livelihood. Only consumers are protected as per this act and any person, entity or organization purchasing a commodity for commercial reasons are exempted from any benefits of this act.
While use of the term consumer is widespread among governmental, business and media organisations, many individuals and groups find the label objectionable because it assigns a limited and passive role to their activities.
- Alpha consumer
- Consumer debt
- Consumer leverage ratio
- Consumer theory
- Consumers' cooperative
- Mass customization
- Media consumption
- Mental health consumer
- Consumer reporting agency
- Consumer protection
- Consumer organization
- Consumer Direct
- National Consumer Agency (NCA)
- Informed consumer
- Consumer forum
- "Consumer - Define Consumer at Dictionary.com". Dictionary.com.
- Cross, Robert G. (1997). Revenue management: hard-core tactics for market domination. Broadway Books. pp. 66–71. ISBN 978-0-553-06734-7.
- Krohn, Lauren (1995). Consumer protection and the law: a dictionary. ABC-CLIO. ISBN 978-0-87436-749-2.
- "An Institutional Analysis of Consumer Law". Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law. Archived from the original on March 2, 2007. Retrieved 2007-01-29.
- and also consumers are people that buy goods "Consumer vs Customer". Consumerdaddy.com. Retrieved 2010-03-10.
The consumer protection act 1986 of India, is a little more generous with the word 'Consumer'. According to this law, consumer is not only a person who uses the product for domestic personal use, but also one who uses the product to earn his daily livelyhood.
- "Words to Avoid (or Use with Care). Because They Are Loaded or Confusing". Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Quotes on being a "Consumer"". Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Consumer. I hate the word: why Mediation is adding it's voice to the call for a banning of the word Consumer". Retrieved 2012-02-18.
|40x40px||Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: Category:Consumer|
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).