Council of Five Hundred
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Council of Five Hundred |
Conseil des Cinq-Cents
|French First Republic|
|Established||2 November 1795|
|Disbanded||10 November 1799|
|Preceded by||National Convention (unicameral)|
|Succeeded by||Corps législatif|
|Salle du Manège, rue de Rivoli, Paris|
The Council of Five Hundred (Conseil des Cinq-Cents), or simply the Five Hundred was the lower house of the legislature of France during the period commonly known (from the name of the executive branch during this time) as the Directory (Directoire), from 22 August 1795 until 9 November 1799, roughly the second half of the period generally referred to as the French Revolution.
Each member had to be at least 30 and a third of them would be replaced annually.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.