Covert cloth, from which the coat is made, is a heavy tweed named after a covered area rich in game wildlife that would serve as a starting point on a hunt. A covert coat is always single-breasted with notch lapels, a centre vent, flap pockets and a signature four (sometimes five) lines of stitching at the cuffs and hem; a ticket pocket is optional. The traditional colour varies from a light greenish-tan brown, to a fawnish mix to a rather deep tannish-green, but variants in grey and navy are also common.
Variants were worn by George VI and Edward VIII, as well as by Jason Statham and Stephen Graham in the 2000 crime comedy film Snatch.  The covert coat caused media attention during the 2015 General Election in UK when worn by UKIP party leader, Nigel Farage 
- "covert coat". thefreedictionary.com. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- Schneider, Sven Raphael (January 24, 2012). "The Covert Coat". gentlemansgazette.com. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "A Man’s Guide to Overcoats". artofmanliness.com. December 11, 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- Doig, Stephen. "Do you covet Nigel Farages covert coat". http://www.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-05-28.
- The story of Nigel Farage's coat at www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 09 Apr 2015
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.