|Public (Bursa Malaysia:DRBHCOM)|
|Industry||Automotive, Services and Property & Infrastructure|
|Headquarters||Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia|
Tan Sri Dato' Sri Haji Mohd Khamil Jamil (Designated MD)|
Dato' Syed Mohamad Syed Murtaza (Chairman)
|Revenue||14.2 billion MYR (2014)|
Number of employees
DRB-HICOM (MYX: 1619) Berhad is one of Malaysia's leading corporations, involved in the automotive manufacturing, assembly and distribution industry through its involvement in the passenger car and four wheel drive vehicle market segment, the national truck project and the national motorcycle project. DRB-HICOM assembles cars in Malaysia for TATA Motors, Honda, Isuzu, Suzuki, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, and Foton Motor with plans for expansion. Besides automotive concerns, the group's core business focuses are in the services and property & infrastructure sectors.
HICOM was incorporated on 11 March 1910 under The Companies Enactment 1897 as The New Serendah Rubber Company Limited. The company’s name was changed to The New Serendah Rubber Company Berhad on 15 April 1966. Subsequently, on 16 December 1993 it changed its name to HICOM Holdings Berhad pursuant to a restructuring exercise.
It was incorporated in 1980 as the The Heavy Industries Corporation of Malaysia Berhad (HICOM). It experienced rapid growth and in 1996 merged with Diversified Resources Berhad (DRB) to form the biggest conglomerate in Malaysia.
Wholly owned subsidiary:
- HICOM Automotive Manufacturers Malaysia Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Automotive Manufacturers (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd)- assemblies of Volkswagen Passenger Vehicle, Suzuki Passenger Vehicle and DEFTECH military vehicle.
- PROTON Holdings Berhad - Major shareholder of Proton
- DRB-HICOM Defense Technologies Sdn Bhd - DEFENCE VEHICLES
- Automotive Corporation Malaysia Sdn Bhd (ACM) () - Authorised dealer for Isuzu Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- USF-HICOM (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd - Distributor for Mahindra and Can-AM
- DRB-HICOM Auto Solutions Sdn Bhd
- HICOM Diecastings Sdn Bhd incorporated 1985 - Casting and Machining
- Scott & English Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- POS Malaysia - Malaysia's national post services provider
- Puspakom Sdn Bhd - Vehicle inspection center
- International College of Automotive Malaysia (ICAM) - Automotive College
- DRB-HICOM Environmental Services Sdn Bhd
- Glenmarie Cove Development Sdn Bhd
- Comtrac Sdn Bhd
- Proton Edar Sdn Bhd - wholly owned subsidiary of PROTON Holdings Bhd
- Motosikal Dan Enjin Nasional Sdn Bhd (MODENAS equity of 81% - Motorcycle Manufacture and related components
- Edaran Modenas Sdn Bhd (EMOS)- Distribution of MODENAS motorcycle
- Edaran Otomobil Nasional Bhd - equity of 79.05%
- EON Automart Sdn Bhd - Authorised dealer for Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Euromobil Sdn Bhd - wholly owned subsidiary of EON Bhd - importer and distributor of Audi
- HICOM AUTO Sdn Bhd - Direct subsidiary of EON Bhd - Authorised dealer for Volkswagen Group Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Honda (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd  - equity of 34%
- Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia Sdn Bhd - equity of 48%, EON Bhd
- Isuzu HICOM Malaysia - Assembly of lights/heavy duty trucks, bus and passenger cars - equity of 49%
- Isuzu Malaysia Sdn Bhd - equity of 49%
- Suzuki Malaysia Automobile Sdn Bhd - equity of 40%
- Suzuki Motorcycle Malaysia Sdn Bhd - Motorcycle Engines & Components
- HICOM-HONDA Manufacturing Malaysia Sdn Bhd - equity of 48% - Manufacturer of HONDA motorcycle engines and components in Malaysia since 1985
- HICOM-TECK SEE Manufacturing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd - equity of 51% - Manufacturer of automotive plastics components
- HICOM-YAMAHA Manufacturing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd - equity of 48% - Manufacturer of YAMAHA motorcycle engines and components, incorporated 1983
- HICOM-Potenza Sport Cars Sdn Bhd - direct subsidiary of PROTON
- Oriental Summit Industries Sdn Bhd - equity 70% - Metal Stamping
- PHN Industry Sdn Bhd - Metal Stamping
- Uniasia General Insurance - Strategic partnership with United Overseas Bank Group
- Alam Flora Sdn Bhd - Waste Management & Public Areas Cleansing - 97.37%
Dormant associated company:
HICOM-Chevrolet Sdn Bhd - equity of 49%
- Business Content
- Tan, Danny (12 March 2012). "BREAKING: CKD Volkswagen Passat 1.8 TSI available now for RM170,888, same spec as CBU model". Selangor, Malaysia: Paul Tan’s Automotive News. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- hd (12 March 2012). "VW startet Fahrzeugproduktion in Malaysia" [VW starts vehicle production in Malaysia] (in German). Auto News. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Expansionspläne von VW in Malaysia werden konkreter" [VW's plans for expansion in Malaysia win concreteness]. Automobilwoche (in German) (Oberpfaffenhofen: Crain Communications GmbH). 19 July 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.