Dallas Nagata White
|Dallas Nagata White|
Dallas Nagata White is a photographer from Honolulu, Hawaii. She is well known for her entry into the National Geographic Traveler contest in 2012 known as the "Lava kiss". White was also on NatureTTL's 2014 list of top 10 landscape photographers to follow.
White met her husband at a 2009 "Tweetup" for a local beer review podcast. Because of the involvement of Twitter in their meeting, White and her husband, Ed White, held a Tweetup during their wedding and invited twitter followers to attend in person. The wedding happened during her husband's leave from a military deployment to Afghanistan.
The lava kiss photo was taken on the Kalapana, Hawaii. White and her husband were taking photos of the lava flow and decided to take photos of themselves. After focusing the camera and setting up exposure and aperture, White posed with her husband in front of a speedlite. White's only adjustments to the photo were for color contrast and sharpening. The photo was submitted to National Geographic's 2012 traveler photo contest where it received widespread media attention. The photo earned her a spot on the short list of favorites by The Atlantic and made Digital Journal's top-15 photos of 2012 list. Gizmodo described it as the "hottest kiss ever". The lava kiss was used as the featured photograph for an article covering the National Geographic Traveler contest in the October 2012 issue of Digital SLR Photography magazine.
- plasticpopsicle (January 14, 2014). "Fashion Portraits by Dallas Nagata White Taken Using the New Petzval Art Lens". Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- Nature TTL (August 3, 2014). "10 Inspiring Landscape Photographers You Should Follow on Twitter". Nature TTL. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- Mike Gordon (May 16, 2010). "The wedding tweetup". The Honolulu Advertiser. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- Rich Meiers (July 19, 2012). "Hawaii photographer captures "hottest kiss ever"". 4HD WSMV.
- "Photographer Dallas Nagata White Captures Hottest Kiss Ever By Active Lava Flow". The Huffington Post. July 19, 2012. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- Alan Taylor (July 18, 2012). "National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest 2012". Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- David Silverberg (December 20, 2012). "Op-Ed: The 15 most incredible photos of 2012". Digital Journal. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- Jesus Diaz (July 18, 2012). "This Is the Hottest Kiss Ever Photographed, Right?". Gizmodo. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- David Chatsuthiphan (May 28, 2013). "Dallas Nagata White Photography". Unreal Hawaii. Retrieved December 18, 2014.