|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
|Known for||PC Magazine|
As the Editor-in-Chief of PCMag.com and the Senior Vice President of Content for Ziff Davis, Dan Costa oversees the editorial operations for PCMag.com, Geek.com, ExtremeTech.com as well as PCMag's network of blogs, including AppScout and SecurityWatch. These sites reach more than 20 million readers every month on their phones, e-readers, tablets, laptops, and, internationally anyway, their local magazine newsstand.
He works in PC Labs surrounded by incredibly smart editors and unbelievably cool products. Although primarily a writer, he also tweets, photographs, broadcasts (NBC, CNBC, CNN, Fox), presents, consults, and cooks.
His mission is simply to redefine "personal computing" to include the world-changing technological developments of this digital age.
Dan holds degrees in magazine Journalism (BS) and Political Science (BA) from Syracuse University.
Dan began working at PC Magazine in 2005 as a senior editor, covering consumer electronics, blogging on Gearlog.com, and serving as the host of the weekly Gearlog Radio podcast. Prior to arriving at PCMag, Dan was Editor of the CNET Fortune Technology Review, managing editor at Workstationplanet.com, and an associate editor and columnist at Computer Shopper. His articles have appeared in various publications and Web sites, such as Digital Life, CNET, Tech Living, LabRat, Blender, Budget Living, Publisher's Weekly, Mobile Computing, Parent & Child, Time Out New York, and FoxNews.com.
Speaker and Author
Dan makes frequent appearances on local, national, and international news programs, including CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, NBC, and Al Jazeera America where he shares his perspective on a variety of technology trends. He also speaks at a number of private events for Fortune 500 clients.
- "Business Wire". July 12, 2011.
- "Inside PC Labs".
- Fortt, Jon (November 18, 2013). "CNBC New tech for Apple?".
- Medici Scolaro, Christina (July 10, 2014). "CNBC Tremendous growth in the 'app-mosphere'".
- Chang, Althea (July 16, 2014). "CNBC Apple-IBM deal could challenge BlackBerry, Android".
- Zomorodi, Manoush (January 28, 2013). "WNYC New Tech City".
- "Al Jazeera America". July 29, 2014.
- "Engage Live Blog - The Frontier Project".
- Costa, Dan (1994). Home office computing handbook. Windcrest/McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0070300194.
- Costa, Dan (2002). In the Shadow of the Towers. iUniverse. ISBN 0595243681.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).