Born: November 9, 1952|
|April 16, 1976 for the San Diego Padres|
Last MLB appearance
|October 5, 1985 for the Chicago White Sox|
|Earned run average||5.65|
David Thomas Wehrmeister is a former Major League Baseball pitcher. Wehrmeister pitched parts of six seasons in the majors between
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year and
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year, never pitching in more than 30 games.
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year, and split the next three seasons between the Padres and their minor league system.
In June of
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year, Wehrmeister was traded to the New York Yankees for outfielder Jay Johnstone, but did not play for the Yankees until
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year, when he appeared in four games in relief.
In June of
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year, the Yankees sent Wehrmeister to the Philadelphia Phillies in a minor league deal. In
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year, Wehrmeister got another brief chance at the majors, this time appearing in seven games in June and July before returning to the minors.
Wehrmeister became a free agent at the end of the season, and in January
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year he signed with the Chicago White Sox. There, he had his best season statistically, recording his only ERA below 5 at 3.43, earning 2 of his 4 major league wins (and only 2 losses out of 9 in his career), and also his only two major league saves. Unfortunately, his best major league year was also his last. He pitched one more season for the minor league Buffalo Bisons in
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year before retiring.