David A. Vise
|This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2012)|
David A. Vise, a journalist and author for over 20 years, is now a Senior Advisor to New Mountain Capital, a New York-based investment firm, and New Mountain Vantage, its public equity fund. He won a Pulitzer Prize in 1990 while working as a business reporter for the Washington Post. He has authored or co-authored four books, including The Bureau and the Mole (2002) (about FBI agent and convicted spy Robert Hanssen) and The Google Story (2006), a national bestseller published in more than two dozen languages. He wrote an updated edition published in September 2008. Vise received an MBA from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. The school named him to a list of 125 influential alumni on its 125th anniversary and honored him in 2009 with The Joseph Wharton Award for career achievement and community service. He holds an honorary Doctorate of Literary Letters from Cumberland University and studied at the London School of Economics. A past president of Washington Hebrew Congregation, Vise is a board member of the World Union for Progressive Judaism, where he focuses on interfaith relations, and was a member of the first delegation of progressive Jews to meet with the Vatican. Vise, a first-generation American whose parents escaped Nazi Germany, is married to Lori Vise, a consultant with Bass Educational Services who focuses on college planning for students with learning differences.
Vise was born on June 16, 1960 in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Vise, David A., and Mark Malseed. The Google Story: Inside the Hottest Business, Media and Technology Success of Our Time. Paperback ed. Dell Pub., 2006. ISBN 9780553804577
- Vise, David A. The Bureau and the Mole: the Unmasking of Robert Philip Hanssen, the Most Dangerous Double Agent in FBI History. 1st ed. Grove/Atlantic, Inc., 2002. ISBN 9780871138347
- Vise, David A., and Gary Williams. Sweet Redemption: How Gary Williams and Maryland Beat Death and Despair to Win the NCAA Basketball Championship. Hardcover ed. Sports Pub., L.L.C., 2002.
- Vise, David A., and Steve Coll. Eagle on the Street: Based on the Pulitzer-Prize Winning Account of the SEC's battle with Wall Street. Paperback ed. Scribner, 1998.
- Information about Vise from Random House
- The Google Story - David A Vise bio.
- "Wharton list of influential grads"
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- David A. Vise at the Internet Movie Database
- Works by or about David A. Vise in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.