Milwaukee Brewers – No. 32
Born: October 11, 1988|
|May 26, 2015 for the Milwaukee Brewers|
Goforth attended Neshoba Central High School and the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), and played college baseball for the Ole Miss Rebels baseball team. Goforth redshirted in his first year at Ole Miss, and spent his redshirt freshman season as a relief pitcher. As a redshirt sophomore, Goforth began the year pitching in relief, but was moved into the starting rotation later in the year. After the season, Goforth was selected by the Cleveland Indians in the 31st round of the 2010 MLB Draft. Goforth opted not to sign with Cleveland, and instead returned to Ole Miss for his redshirt junior year. Gorforth had a strong season as a starting pitcher for the Rebels as a redshirt junior, and the Milwaukee Brewers selected Goforth in the seventh round of the 2011 MLB Draft after the season. After the 2013 season, the Brewers assigned Goforth to play for the Surprise Saguaros of the Arizona Fall League. He participated in the Fall Stars Game.
The Brewers invited Goforth to spring training in 2014. Pitching for the Huntsville Stars of the Class AA Southern League in 2014, Goforth was named a midseason and postseason All-Star. After the season, the Brewers added Goforth to their 40 man roster.
Goforth began the 2015 season with the Colorado Springs Sky Sox of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League. On May 25, the Brewers promoted Goforth to the major leagues after Wily Peralta was placed on the disabled list.
- "Goforth drafted by Brewers - The Neshoba Democrat - Philadelphia, Mississippi". The Neshoba Democrat. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Goforth weighing Ole Miss, Cleveland options". Meridian Star. June 16, 2010. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- Alford, Parrish (May 11, 2010). "Goforth goes forth, pitches on Sundays for Rebels | Daily Journal". Djournal.com. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- Rigdon, Daniel. "Brewers take Goforth in Round 7 » Sports". Meridian Star. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Wisconsin | FOX Sports on MSN". Fox Sports Wisconsin. December 16, 2013. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Fall Stars Game to feature assortment of top talent | indians.com: News". Cleveland.indians.mlb.com. October 28, 2013. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- Bader, Jerry (October 29, 2013). "Milwaukee Brewers will have one representative in the "Fall Stars' Game"". WTAQ. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Prospects Mitch Haniger and David Goforth head Brewers' list of seven NRIs | MLB.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. January 22, 2014. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Eight players from first-half champion Huntsville Stars on Southern League All-Star roster". AL.com. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- "Mobile BayBears claim two of Southern League's top three postseason awards". AL.com. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- Haudricourt, Tom. "Brewers add four minor-leaguers to 40-man roster". jsonline.com. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- Rosiak, Todd. "Wily Peralta placed on 15-day DL; David Goforth to be recalled". jsonline.com. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)