|File:Derrick Favors cropped.jpg|
|No. 15 – Utah Jazz|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
July 15, 1991|
|Listed height||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Listed weight||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|High school||South Atlanta (Atlanta, Georgia)|
|College||Georgia Tech (2009–2010)|
|NBA draft||2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 3rd overall|
|Selected by the New Jersey Nets|
|2010–2011||New Jersey Nets|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Derrick Bernard Favors (born July 15, 1991) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Utah Jazz of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Favors played college basketball for Georgia Tech for one season before being drafted third overall by the New Jersey Nets in the 2010 NBA draft. He was later traded to Utah in 2011.
High school career
Favors played high school basketball at South Atlanta High School, where he was ranked as one of the best high school basketball players in the class of 2009. Scout.com rated him the #1 player in the country, #2 in the ESPNU100, and #4 by Rivals.com. On March 14, 2009, he led South Atlanta to the Georgia Class AAA state championship. He scored 38 points and had 21 rebounds in the championship game against Westover High School. He was named to the 2009 McDonald's All-American Team. He led the East to a 113–110 victory and was named the MVP of the game. He scored 19 points and had 8 rebounds. Favors was selected to participate in the 2009 Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, Oregon but pulled out due to personal reasons and he was also selected to play in the 2009 Jordan Brand Classic at Madison Square Garden where he scored a game-high 21 points and was named MVP for the black team, while Renardo Sidney was named MVP for the white team. He finished his senior season averaging 28.1 points, 13.3 rebounds, 5.0 blocks, 3.0 steals and 2.0 assists per game and holds the career records in points (2,341), rebounds (1,511) and blocked shots (741).
Favors played both power forward and center for Paul Hewitt's Yellow Jackets. The front court consisted of a three man rotation of Favors, Gani Lawal and Zach Peacock. In ACC games, he averaged 11.8 points and 8.7 rebounds per game and shot 62.5% from the field. He also helped lead the Yellow Jackets to the ACC tournament finals against Duke. During the tournament, he posted 17 points, 9.8 rebounds and 3 blocks per game.
Favors was named ACC Rookie of the Year and to the ACC All-Freshman Team.
New Jersey Nets
On April 9, 2010, Favors announced he would forgo his final three years of college eligibility to enter the 2010 NBA draft where he was subsequently selected with the third overall pick by the New Jersey Nets. In just his third game as a Net on October 31, 2010 against Miami, he recorded his first career double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds (10 offensive) in a 78-101 loss.
On February 23, 2011, Favors was traded, along with Devin Harris and two future first-round picks, to the Utah Jazz in exchange for Deron Williams. He went on to score a season-high 17 points on April 9 against San Antonio.
On October 19, 2013, Favors signed a four-year contract extension with the Jazz.
On November 1, 2014, Favors scored a career-high 32 points in a 118-91 win over the Phoenix Suns.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Favors #1 by Scout. Scouthoops.scout.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-14.
- Favors #2 by ESPNU. Insider.espn.go.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-14.
- Derrick Favors caps career in style. Insider.espn.go.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-14.
- Favors Named MVP of McDonalds All American Game.
- Derrick Favors Pulls Out of Nike Hoop Summit. Draftexpress.com (2009-03-23). Retrieved on 2011-06-14.
- Big men shine in Jordan Brand Classic. Sports.espn.go.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-14.
- "Derrick Favors Player Bio".
- Derrick Favors to Declare for NBA Draft
- LeBron James leads balanced effort as Heat blow out Nets
- "Jazz Obtains Harris and Favors from New Jersey". NBA.com. February 23, 2011. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- Richard Jefferson powers Spurs' reserves to win over Jazz
- Utah Jazz sign Derrick Favors to contract extension
- Favors powers Jazz to first win, 118-91 over Suns
- Adidas Signs Lottery Pick Derrick Favors. Boards.ign.com (2010-01-07). Retrieved on 2011-06-14.
- Loyal To The Game. Slamonline.com (2010-07-02). Retrieved on 2011-06-14.