Dick Turpin's Ride to York
|Dick Turpin's Ride to York|
|Directed by||Maurice Elvey|
|Written by||Leslie Howard Gordon|
|Distributed by||Stoll Pictures|
Dick Turpin's Ride to York is a 1922 British historical silent film drama directed by Maurice Elvey and starring Matheson Lang, Isobel Elsom and Cecil Humphreys. It was the first feature-length film of the story of the famous 18th-century highwayman Dick Turpin and his legendary 200-mile overnight ride from London to York on his mount Black Bess.
Dick Turpin's Ride to York was for many years assumed by film historians to be completely lost. However two reels of the film were among several rediscoveries in a private collection in the United States in 2003.
- Matheson Lang as Dick Turpin
- Isobel Elsom as Esther Bevis
- Cecil Humphreys as Lytton Glover
- Norman Page as Ferret Bevis
- Lewis Gilbert as Tom King
- Lily Iris as Sally Dutton
- Malcolm Todd as Sir Charles Weston
- Madame d'Esterre as Lady Weston
- "The Serial Squadron Recovers Lost Silent Era Nitrate Films" Silent Era: Information and News. Retrieved 21-09-2010
- Dick Turpin's Ride to York at the Internet Movie Database
- Dick Turpin's Ride to York at BFI Film & TV Database
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.