Dingbats of Danger Street
|Dingbats of Danger Street|
The Dingbats of Danger Street from 1st Issue Special #6, art by Jack Kirby
1st Issue Special #6|
|Created by||Jack Kirby (writer & artist)|
In their 1st Issue Special story they (at least partly by accident) stopped the villains Jumpin' Jack and the Gasser with the help of Lieutenant Terry Mullins. Any suggestion that Mullins might become a mentor like Jim Harper was dashed when Non-Fat told him "We wouldn't give a grown-up the time of day! Grown-ups hate us – and we hate them!"
Kirby drew two further issues which were not published.
The Dingbats later reappeared in Adventures of Superman, one of a number of Kirby homages by Karl Kesel. They first appear in brief cameos, but are subsequently seen in full in Adventures of Superman #549. They are squatting in a disused theatre, which the Newsboy Legion claim was their hangout in the forties. Superman eventually calls in another group of kids, the incredibly rich Green Team (another failed First Issue Special creation created by Kirby's former partner Joe Simon), to pay for converting the theatre into a youth club.
The group makes a cameo in the final issue of Batman: The Brave and the Bold as Batmite is upset at the comic's cancellation and states several missed crossover opportunities including the Dingbats.
- Good Looks - an average looking kid, the group's leader.
- Krunch - a large red headed boy whose eyes were always hidden by his long hair, the muscle.
- Non-Fat - a skinny light skinned African-American boy in a wool hat with a hot dog.
- Bananas - an Asian-American boy who was considered to be crazy
- Batman: The All New Brave and The Bold #16
- DCU Guide: Dingbats of Danger Street
- Cosmic Teams: Dingbats of Danger Street
- Dingbats of Danger Street resource
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.