|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Flag of the European Union|
This article is part of a series on the
A directorate-general is a branch of an administration dedicated to a specific field of expertise.
- The European Commission: Commission Directorates-General are each headed by a director-general, who reports to the European Commissioner in charge of (i.e. politically responsible for) the corresponding policy area;
- The European Patent Office: EPO Directorates-General;
- The Secretariat of the European Parliament: Parliament Directorates-General.
- The General Secretariat of the Council of the European Union: Council Directorates-general.
- European Civil Service
- Joint Research Centre (European Commission)
- Permanent Secretary
- Council of the European Union