Disability discrimination act
In the late 20th and early 21st centuries, a number of countries have passed laws aimed at reducing discrimination against people with disabilities. These laws have begun to appear as the notion of civil rights has become more influential globally, and follow other forms of anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation aimed at preventing racial discrimination and sexism which began to emerge in the second half of the 20th century.
List of disability discrimination acts
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2002) (only in Ontario, no other province has disability protection)
- Hong Kong
- Disability Discrimination Ordinance 1995
- National Policy for Persons with Disabilities 2002
- South Africa
- Promotion of Equality and Prevention of Unfair Discrimination Act, 2000
- United Kingdom
- Equality Act 2010 (prior to October 2010 the relevant legislation was the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 as amended)
- United States of America
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/d' not found.