Discovery Channel France
|Discovery Channel France|
|Launched||September 1, 2004|
|Owned by||Discovery Networks EMEA|
|Sister channel(s)||Discovery Science France|
Discovery Channel France is a television channel broadcasting to France. It is the French version of the Discovery Channel.
The channel launched on September 1, 2004. Until then, France had been the only region in Western Europe not reached by the Discovery Channel. It initially reached 3.2 million subscribers via the CanalSat platform. On March 31, 2009, the channel adopted the new Discovery Channel logo and look.
The channel faces competition from other documentary channels such as Planète.
Programs are mostly taken from the United Kingdom and the United States and include:
- American Chopper
- Biker Build-Off (Duels de bikers)
- Building the Future (Construire l'avenir)
- Eyewitness (Temoin sur le vif)
- How Do They Do It? (Comment ça marche ?)
- Long Way Round (L'echappee belle)
- Megastructures (Mega constructions)
- Mythbusters (Myth busters)
- Really Big Things (Monstres Mecaniques)
- Smash Lab (Crash Lab)
- Time Warp
- Top Gear
The channel is known for its abysmal Language localisation and Voice-over translation. Voice over translation is culturally associated to past midnight shopping programs and unlike most of the CanalSat's channels it didn't offer the original audio of the programs as an option.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.