Disney Junior (English Canada)
Disney Junior logo, 2011-present
November 30, 2007|
(as Playhouse Disney)
May 6, 2011 (as Disney Junior)
November 2015 (as Family Junior)
May 5, 2011|
(as Playhouse Disney)
(as Disney Junior)
|Owned by||DHX Media|
|Slogan||Where the Magic Begins|
|Formerly called||Playhouse Disney (2007–2011)|
Disney Junior (French)|
|Bell TV||Channel 549 (SD)|
Channels 538 / 167 (SD)|
Channel 74 / 574 (HD)
|Available on most Canadian cable systems||Check local listings, channels may vary|
|FibreOP||Channel 259 (SD) Channel 504 (HD)|
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 549 (SD) Channel 1549 (HD)|
|MTS||Channel 158 (SD)|
|SaskTel||Channel 133 (SD)|
Channel 9602 (SD)|
Channel 602 (HD)
Disney Junior is a Canadian English-language multiplex of Family Channel owned by DHX Media. It was originally known as Playhouse Disney Channel which debuted on November 30, 2007 as a 24/7 commercial-free service carrying programs aimed at preschool-aged children; it re-launched under the Disney Junior brand on May 6, 2011. 
Unlike Family, Disney Junior has only one national feed operating from the Eastern Time Zone. Along with its French-language counterpart, it is available in over 4 million Canadian households as of 2013.
The channel was originally launched as Playhouse Disney on November 30, 2007, and made available to all subscribers to Family Channel free of charge, subject to carriage by their television service provider. As Family is licensed as a premium service which allows for the addition of multiplex channels that are consistent with the network's licence, no additional licence was required to launch the service. The use of Family's existing licence also allows the service to compete with the preschooler-aimed specialty channel, Treehouse, despite the format protection guidelines for specialty channels. This is so, because Family's nature of service is to broadcast programming targeted toward "youth to age 17", in which case, a preschool audience would qualify.
A French-language version of the channel, which was known as Playhouse Disney Télé, was launched on July 5, 2010. It was re-launched as Disney Junior on May 6, 2011 to coincide with the rebranding of the English channel. However, unlike the English version of Disney Junior, the French version is a category B service using its own licence (and was originally branded in the application as a spin-off of Vrak.TV).
Following the sale of Astral Media to Bell Media, Disney Junior and its sister networks (including Family and Disney XD) were placed in a blind trust pending their eventual sale to meet regulatory requirements surrounding the merger. On November 28, 2013, DHX Media announced it would acquire the four channels for $170 million pending CRTC approval. On July 24, 2014, the CRTC approved DHX's ownership of Disney Junior English and its French counterpart, and it's sister networks Family Channel and Disney XD. The deal was closed on July 31, 2014.
On April 16, 2015, it was announced that Corus Entertainment had acquired the rights to Disney Channel's program library. Alongside its new Canadian version of Disney Channel, other Disney children's television brands would be eventually transitioned to new, Corus-run properties. In anticipation for this transition, DHX concurrently announced that its Disney-branded networks will be re-branded as spin-offs of Family Channel; The English version of Disney Junior will be re-branded as Family Junior, named after the former Family Channel block that aired from 2009 to 2010, in November of 2015.
- Bananas in Pyjamas (February 19, 2013–present)
- Doc McStuffins (April 8, 2012–present)
- Henry Hugglemonster (April 21, 2013–present)
- Imagination Movers (May 6, 2011–present)
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates (May 6, 2011–present)
- Julius Jr. (May 2, 2015–present)
- Jungle Junction (May 6, 2011–present)
- Justin Time (September 16, 2012–present)
- Lalaloopsy (September 27, 2014–present)
- Little Einsteins
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (May 6, 2011–present)
- Miles from Tomorrowland (February 21, 2015–present)
- Sarah & Duck (July 7, 2014–present)
- The Save-Ums (May 24, 2015-present)
- The Secret World of Benjamin Bear (May 6, 2011–present)
- Sheriff Callie's Wild West (February 2, 2014–present)
- Sofia the First (January 19, 2013–present)
- Special Agent Oso (May 6, 2011–present)
- Stella and Sam (May 6, 2011–present)
- Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures
- Thomas & Friends (May 24, 2015-present)
- Tickety Toc (April 23, 2012–present)
- Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! (May 6, 2011–present)
- Yup Yups (September 16, 2013–present)
- A Poem Is...
- Adventures in Nutrition with Captain Carlos
- Can You Teach My Alligator Manners?
- Choo-Choo Soul
- Dance-a-Lot Robot
- Feeling Good with JoJo!
- Handy Manny's School for Tools
- Happy Monster Band
- Lou and Lou: Safety Patrol
- Mickey Mousekersize
- Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Minnie's Bow-Toons
- Muppet Moments
- Nina Needs to Go!
- Quiet Is...
- Shane's Kindergarten Countdown
- Shanna's Show
- Special Agent Oso: Three Healthy Steps
- Tales of Friendship with Winnie the Pooh
- Tasty Time with ZeFronk
- The Bite-Sized Adventures of Sam Sandwich
- Where Is Warehouse Mouse?
- Bear in the Big Blue House (May 6, 2011–May 25, 2012; September 3, 2012–September 30, 2013)
- Bunnytown (May 6, 2011–May 2012)
- Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-lot (May 6, 2011–June 30, 2012)
- DuckTales (October 2011–September 30, 2013)
- Franny's Feet (May 6, 2011–September 1, 2014)
- Gerald McBoing-Boing (May 6, 2011–July 31, 2011)
- Handy Manny (May 6, 2011–August 7, 2014)
- Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs (May 6, 2011–August 28, 2014)
- Henry's World (May 6, 2011–September 27, 2013)
- Higglytown Heroes (May 6, 2011–September 30, 2013)
- Johnny and the Sprites (May 6, 2011–September 2, 2012)
- JoJo's Circus (May 6, 2011–September 1, 2013)
- Katie and Orbie (May 6, 2011–December 31, 2012)
- Out of the Box (July 1, 2011–August 31, 2012; December 31, 2012–August 31, 2014)
- Stanley (May 6, 2011–September 27, 2013)
- The Little Mermaid (September 16, 2013–August 31, 2014)
Disney Junior HD
Disney Junior On Demand
Disney Junior OnDemand is a video on demand service featuring programming from Disney Junior, available to subscribers of Family and Disney Junior. Disney Junior launched its own On Demand channel on May 6, 2011. 
Disney Junior Go
Disney Junior Go is a service available on the App Store and Google Play Store. It is available to television customers of Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct. It shows new and old episodes of Disney Junior programming.
- "Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-388". CRTC. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Playhouse Disney splashes out for Canuck launch, KidScreen, 1 November 2001
- DISNEY JUNIOR LAUNCHES MAY 6 WITH NEW PROGRAMS AND A NOD TO CLASSIC DISNEY CHARACTERS AND MAGIC, CNW, 2011-03-03
- "Family Channel | Family Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD Available on Free Preview in March". Newswire.ca. 2013-03-01. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2002-386, CRTC, 2002-11-28
- "Broadcasting Decision 2006-98". CRTC. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "DHX Media to buy Family, other children’s channels". Toronto Star. November 28, 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "DHX to acquire Family Channel, three others from Bell Media". The Globe and Mail (Toronto). November 28, 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "DHX Media receives CRTC approval on $170M acquisition of Family Channel and three other children’s channels". DHX Media. July 24, 2014. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- Vessing, Etan (July 24, 2014). "DHX Media approved for Family Channel takeover". Kidscreen. Brunico Communications. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- "DHX Media closes Family Channel acquisition and announces management changes". Canada Newswire. July 31, 2014. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- "DHX-Disney Divorce Almost Done". Cartt.ca. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Corus gains Canadian rights to Disney Channel content". The Globe and Mail. Canadian Press. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Family Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior put the "all" into Fall with stellar 2014 programming lineup". newswire.ca. CNW. August 26, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- "THE FUTURE IS BLASTASTIC! MILES FROM TOMORROWLAND PREMIERES FEBRUARY 21 ON DISNEY JUNIOR". DHX Media. Toronto. February 4, 2015. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- Disney Junior On Demand