|Division of Walt Disney Studios|
|Genre||Natural documentary films|
|Founded||April 21, 2008|
Jean-Francois Camilleri |
EVP & GM
|Owner||The Walt Disney Company|
|Parent||The Walt Disney Studios|
Disneynature is an independent film label of The Walt Disney Studios. Founded on April 21, 2008, its releases consist of independent nature documentary films and is headquartered in Paris, France.
Disney veteran Jean-Francois Camilleri, who has served as senior vice president and general manager for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures France is the head of the new unit. Disneynature is based in France, where Camilleri and his team oversees the initiation, development and acquisition of high quality feature projects.
The first film released domestically under the new label was the American version of Earth, from award-winning British producer/director Alastair Fothergill, whose credits include the landmark Planet Earth series for BBC and Discovery Channel and The Blue Planet. Earth, produced by BBC Worldwide and Greenlight Media and co-directed by Mark Linfield, was released in cinemas internationally in 2007. It premiered in the U.S. on Earth Day, April 22, 2009.
The first new production to be released by Disneynature was announced to be The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos. The world premiere of the film took place in Bordeaux, France on October 26, 2008, and was released internationally throughout 2009.
|Film||Year||Narrator (US)||Budget||Worldwide Gross||Production Studio|
|The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos||<center>Mariella Frostrup|
France 3 Cinema
France 2 Cinema
|Wings of Life||<center>Meryl Streep|
|African Cats||<center>Samuel L. Jackson|
|Bears||<center>John C. Reilly|
|Monkey Kingdom||<center>Tina Fey|
|Born in China||<center>Jo Frost||<center>Shanghai Media Group|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/d' not found.
- True-Life Adventures – Walt Disney's Academy Award-winning nature film series, and the first nature film series produced by Disney.
- Eller, Claudia; Dawn C. Chmielewski (April 22, 2008). "Disney gets back to nature". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 30, 2013.
- "TV Channel: Disney Nature TV". MAVISE. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- "Disney Launches New Film Label – Disneynature" (PDF). Disneynature website. Retrieved April 21, 2008.
- About Earth at IMDb
- "Focus Sets Stephen Hawking Pic ‘Theory Of Everything’ For November; Disneynature Dates ‘Monkey Kingdom’ For 2015". Deadline Hollywood. 10 April 2014. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- "Disney Expands Relationship With China's Shanghai Media Group". Variety. 10 April 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2015.