Donald Rayfield (born 1942, Oxford) is professor of Russian and Georgian at Queen Mary University of London. He is an author of books about Russian and Georgian literature, and about Joseph Stalin and his secret police. He is also a series editor for books about Russian writers and intelligentsia. He translated Georgian and Russian poets and prose writers.
- Anton Chekhov: A Life (1997) ISBN 0-00-255503-4 (and several other reprints)
- Stalin and His Hangmen (2004) ISBN 0-375-50632-2 (and several other reprints)
- Chekhov's Uncle Vanya and the Wood Demon (2007)
- The Cherry Orchard: Catastrophe and Comedy (1994) ISBN 0-8057-4451-7
- Dream of Lhasa: The Life of Nikolay Przhevalsky (1976)
- The Garnett Book of Russian Verse (2000)
- Understanding Chekhov: A Critical Study of Chekhov's Prose and Drama
- The Literature of Georgia: A History (2000)
- A Comprehensive Georgian-English Dictionary (2006)
- "Dead Souls" Translation of Gogol's 1842 novel (2008; 2012)
- Edge of Empires: A History of Georgia (2012)
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.