|Public limited company|
|Headquarters||London, England, United Kingdom|
Eastern Electricity plc was an electricity supply and distribution utility serving eastern England, including East Anglia and part of Greater London. It was renamed Eastern Group under which name it was listed on the London Stock Exchange and was a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index until it was acquired by Hanson plc in 1995.
It had its origins in the Eastern Electricity Board (EEB) formed in 1948 as part of the nationalisation of the electricity industry by the Electricity Act 1947.
In 1990 the assets of the board passed to Eastern Electricity plc, one of the regional electricity companies formed by the Electricity Act 1989. The company was privatised later in the year in a stock market flotation. It subsequently became known as Eastern Group.
- British utility agrees to Hanson's cash bid New York Times, 1 August 1995
- Hanson hits 7-year low in run up to demerger Independent, 9 July 1996
- Texas raises Energy bid to £4.46bn BBC News, 3 March 1998
- US firm pulls plug in power crisis BBC News, 14 October 2002
- Powergen buys TXU's British arm BBC News, 21 October 2002
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.