Edward Charles Titchmarsh
|Professor Ted Titchmarsh|
Edward Charles Titchmarch|
1 June 1899
Newbury, Berkshire, England
18 January 1963 (aged 63)|
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
|Institutions||University of Oxford|
|Alma mater||Balliol College, Oxford|
|Doctoral advisor||Template:If empty|
|Academic advisors||G. H. Hardy|
John Bryce McLeod
William Desmond Evans
Titchmarsh convolution theorem
Titchmarsh theorem (on the Hilbert transform)
De Morgan Medal (1953)|
Sylvester Medal (1955)
Senior Berwick Prize (1956)
Fellow of the Royal Society
Titchmarsh was known for work in analytic number theory, Fourier analysis and other parts of mathematical analysis. He wrote several classic books in these areas; his book on the Riemann zeta-function was reissued in an edition edited by Roger Heath-Brown.
- The Zeta-Function of Riemann (1930);
- Introduction to the Theory of Fourier Integrals (1937) 2nd. edition (1948);
- The Theory of Functions (1932) 2nd. edition(1939);
- Mathematics for the General Reader (1948);
- The Theory of the Riemann Zeta-Function (1951);
- Eigenfunction Expansions Associated with Second-order Differential Equations. Part I (1946) 2nd. edition (1962);
- Eigenfunction Expansions Associated with Second-order Differential Equations. Part II (1958);
- Fellow of the Royal Society, 1931
- De Morgan Medal, 1953
- Sylvester Medal, 1955
- Berwick Prize winner, 1956
- Edward Charles Titchmarsh at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Cartwright, M. L. (1964). "Edward Charles Titchmarsh 1899-1963". Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society 10: 305–326. doi:10.1098/rsbm.1964.0018.
- O'Connor, John J.; Robertson, Edmund F., "Edward Charles Titchmarsh", MacTutor History of Mathematics archive, University of St Andrews.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.