The Rt Rev Edward Craig Stuart, DD (1827 – 1911) was the 2nd Anglican Bishop of Waiapu whose Episcopate spanned a 16-year period during the second half of the 19th century.
He was born in Edinburgh, educated at Trinity College, Dublin  and ordained in 1850. With his great friend Thomas Valpy French he worked in India as a CMS Missionary for 21 years, firstly at Agra and latterly (until his elevation to the Episcopate) at Jalalpur. His last calling was in Persia. He died on 15 March 1911.
- Barbara Cooper and Brian O'Brien. "#REDIRECT [[Template:If empty]] *This is a redirect from a page that has been [[:Category:Redirects from moves|moved (renamed)]]. This page was kept as a redirect to avoid breaking links, both internal and external, that may have been made to the old page name. For more information follow the category link. [[Category:Redirects from moves]][[Category:Redirects from moves]]". Dictionary of New Zealand Biography. Ministry for Culture and Heritage. Retrieved 29 June 2011. Wikilink embedded in URL title (help)
- “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- University Of Dublin. B.A. Degree Examination The Times Saturday, Nov 11, 1848; pg. 7; Issue 20018; col G
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- Project Canterbury
- History of the Church Missionary Society (1873 - 1882)
- The Times, Wednesday, Sep 12, 1894; pg. 7; Issue 34367; col G The Committee of the Church Missionary Society”
- The Times, Monday, Mar 20, 1911; pg. 11; Issue 39537; col C Obituary Bishop E. C. Stuart
|Bishop of Waiapu
| Succeeded by|
William Leonard Williams
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.