18 September 1970|
Laval, Mayenne, France
7th arrondissement, Paris|
|Education||Lycée de l'Immaculée-Conception|
|Alma mater||ISG Business School|
|Net worth||$6.7 billion|
André Besnier (grandfather)|
Jean-Michel Besnier (brother)
Marie Besnier Beauvalot (sister)
Emmanuel Besnier was born on 18 September 1970 in Laval, Mayenne, France. His father is Michel Besnier and his mother, Christiane. His paternal grandfather, André Besnier, was the founder of Lactalis in 1933. He has a brother, Jean-Michel, and a sister, Marie.
With his brother and sister, he owned 83% of Lactalis. In January 2015, according to Forbes, he had a net worth of $6.7 billion. He shuns publicity and has been nicknamed, "the invisible billionaire."
He donates Euro 200,000 annually to the Francis-Le-Basser football stadium in Laval. He also attends their board meetings. He built a private box with tinted glass, from which he watches football matches.
He married Sandrine, a native of Laval whom he met at the lycée, at the Basilique Notre-Dame d'Avesnières in Laval. They have three children. They reside in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. They also live in a château in Entrammes near Laval that he inherited from his father. They summer at their house on the île de Ré and winter in Courchevel.
- "Emmanuel Besnier". Forbes. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Emmanuel Besnier". LSA. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- Marie Bordet, Besnier, le milliardaire invisible, Le Point, May 19, 2011
- Valerie Landreu, Emmanuel Besnier, un patron très discret, Les Echos, April 16, 2011
- Nicolas Barriquand, Emmanuel Besnier, un si mystérieux patron, L'Express, January 26, 2015