Eric Bertrand Bailly
|Full name||Eric Bertrand Bailly|
|Date of birth||12 April 1994|
|Place of birth||Bingerville, Ivory Coast|
|Height||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Playing position||Centre back|
Born in Bingerville, Bailly joined RCD Espanyol's youth system in December 2011, aged 17. He only received a work permit in October of the following year, and made his senior debuts in the 2013–14 campaign with the reserves, in Segunda División B.
On 5 October 2014 Bailly made his first-team – and La Liga – debut, coming on as a late substitute in a 2–0 home win against Real Sociedad. He was definitely promoted to the main squad shortly after.
On 29 January 2015 Bailly signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with fellow league team Villarreal CF for a €5.7 million fee, mainly as a replacement to Arsenal F.C.-bound Gabriel Paulista. He made his debut for the Yellow Submarine on 22 February, starting in a 1–0 home win against SD Eibar.
On 29 December 2014, Bailly was included in Hervé Renard's 23-men squad for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. He made his debut on 11 January 2015 in a friendly against Nigeria, and appeared in all six matches during the competition, as his side were crowned champions.
- As of 20 March 2015
|Espanyol B||2013–14||Segunda División B||20||0||—||20||0|
|2014–15||Segunda División B||1||0||—||1||0|
- As of 9 February 2015
- Dos nous fitxatges per al futbol base (Two new signings for the youth setup); Espanyol's official website, 1 December 2011 Invalid language code.
- Eric Bertrand ya tiene los papeles y puede debutar (Eric Bertrand already has the paperwork and can debut); Diario La Grada, 6 October 2012 Invalid language code.
- El Espanyol pone a Arrasate contra las cuerdas (Espanyol puts Arraste against the wall); Marca, 5 October 2014 Invalid language code.
- Eric, la perla de 20 millones (Eric, the pearl of 20 million); Sport, 13 December 2014 Invalid language code.
- El Villarreal CF ficha a Eric Bailly (Villarreal signs Eric Bailly); Villarreal's official website, 29 January 2015 Invalid language code.
- El Espanyol traspasa a Eric Bailly al Villarreal por 5,7 millones de euros (Espanyol transfers Eric Bailly to Villarreal for 5.7 million euros); El Mundo Deportivo, 29 January 2015 Invalid language code.
- Vietto, con licencia para marcar (Vietto, with a scoring license); Marca, 22 February 2015 Invalid language code.
- Slick Sevilla finish off ten-man Villarreal; UEFA.com, 19 March 2015
- 2015 Nations Cup: Kolo Toure in squad for last time; BBC Sport, 29 December 2014
- Kalou Hands Cote D'Ivoire Late Win Over Nigeria; SL10, 11 January 2015
- Eric Bailly profile at Soccerway. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Eric Bailly". National Football Teams. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- Espanyol official profile Invalid language code.
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile Invalid language code.
- Eric Bertrand Bailly profile at Soccerway