Eric Stanley (violinist)
Photograph of Eric Stanley|
Stanley in 2013
April 19, 1991|
Chesapeake, Virginia, U.S.
|Residence||Richmond, Virginia, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Virginia Commonwealth (B.A. 2014)|
|Signature||"Eric Stanley" spells out the signature in the image.|
Eric Stanley (born April 19, 1991) is an American violinist, composer, and arranger. He is known for remixing popular hip hop and pop songs on the violin. Stanley presents improvisational violin performances found on his YouTube channel, Estan247, which was introduced in 2010. As of May 2015, his YouTube channel has more than 113,000 subscribers and over 16 million total views.
Life and career
1991–2008: Early life
Stanley was born in Chesapeake, Virginia and comes from a family of musicians. He has an older brother named Marcus (born 1985), who is a pianist, and an older sister, Anhayla (born 1988), a singer. He attended Short Pump Middle School in Richmond, Virginia. With the encouragement of his teachers, Stanley began playing the violin at age 12. When he entered high school, Stanley joined the Richmond Symphony Youth Orchestra.
In 2009, at the age of 18, Stanley began posting videos on Internet websites YouTube, WorldStarHipHop, and PerezHilton.com. Stanley has experimented in combining improvisational violin playing with hip hop, pop, and classical. One of his first videos was a violin cover of Say Ahh by R&B artist Trey Songz. The video accumulated 300,000 views in the first two days. Other songs included Love the Way You Lie and Airplanes. During 2011 Stanley released The Eric Stanley Project, a mixtape. In 2011, he became a "viral sensation" and performed as the opening act for rapper B.o.B. In 2011, Stanley performed for President Bill Clinton in Orlando, Florida. He attended Virginia Commonwealth University, graduating in 2014.
|The Eric Stanley Project||
|2013||"Walkin' Cross the Road"|
|2015||ESPN First Take||Himself||1 episode|
- "MTV Artists: Eric Stanley". MTV Artists. Viacom. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Martinez, Marc (October 3, 2010). Eric Stanley: Hip Hop Violinist. (Interview). Fox 10 News. KTSP-TV. Phoenix. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- McNerthney, Casey (May 10, 2011). "Eminem sounds good on violin, thanks to Eric Stanley". Seattle Post-Intelligencer (Seattle, Washington). Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- Hathaway, Jay. "Eric Stanley Plays Violin Covers of the Hits". urlesque.com. AOL. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- "About". youtube.com/user/estan247. YouTube. Retrieved May 19, 2015.
- Erby, Glenn. "Violinist Puts Classical Spin On ‘First Take’ Theme Song". blacksportsonline.com. BonaFide Media. Retrieved May 19, 2015.
- McQuade, Greg (March 1, 2011). Eric Stanley Interview. (Interview). CBS 6 News. WTVR-TV. Richmond. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Hankerson, Mechelle (November 4, 2010). "Youtube sensation champions hip-hop violin". The Commonwealth Times (Richmond, VA). Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Miller, Cheryl (March 1, 2011). Eric Stanley Performance. (Interview). CBS 6 News. WTVR-TV. Richmond. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- "about – Eric Stanley". Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Eric Stanley (performer) (July 7, 2010). Eric Stanley – Eminem Ft. Rihanna "Love The Way You Lie" Violin Cover (Shockwave Flash video). WorldStarHipHop. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- Eric Stanley (performer) (December 2, 2011). This Rad Guy Fiddles With Stereo Hearts By Gym Class Heroes! (unspecified video format). PerezHilton.com. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "The Eric Stanley Project // Free Mixtape". HotNewHipHop. Urbanlinx Media, Inc. April 24, 2011. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Curry, Lashonda Stinson (February 24, 2011). "Grammy-nominated artist B.o.B brings hits to O’Dome". The Gainesville Sun (Gainesville, FL). Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- Laura (November 18, 2011). "A call to action from Mr. Clinton". Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- Masie Learning Talks (June 3, 2013). "Eric Stanley: Opening for President Bill Clinton". Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "Timeline Photos – Eric Stanley - Facebook". Retrieved January 9, 2015.
Find more about
Eric Stanley (violinist)
at Wikipedia's sister projects
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).