FAU Baseball Stadium is a baseball venue located in Boca Raton, Florida, USA. It has been home to the Florida Atlantic Owls baseball team of the NCAA Division I Conference USA since 1991. The venue has a capacity of 2,000 spectators and features Triple-A-quality lighting.
On April 16, 2008, the Owls were defeated at FAU Baseball Stadium by the then-#1 ranked Miami Hurricanes. The 2,348 spectators in attendance set a stadium record.
The venue features a berm seating area, which allows for increased capacity, down each foul line.
Praise and criticism
In 2012, college baseball writer Eric Sorenson ranked the stadium as the fifth best small venue in Division I baseball.
Others, including players and coaches from the program, have criticized the facility's poor conditions.
- ^ a b c FAU Baseball Stadium at fausports.com, URL accessed June 28, 2010. Archived 06-28-10
- ^ FAU Baseball Stadium at thebaseballcube.com, URL accessed June 28, 2010. Archived 06-28-10
- ^ Alonso's Ninth Homer Rallies No. 1 Miami by FAU, 12-10: Hurricanes score three two-out runs in the ninth to win at hurricanesports.cstv.com, URL accessed November 28, 2010. Archived 11-28-2010
- ^ Sorenson, Eric (5 October 2012). "Distiller's Dozen - The "Hey, Nice Stadium" Edition". CollegeBaseballToday.com. Archived from the original on 14 December 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- ^ Rosa, Rolando (April 3, 2012). "Former FAU Head Baseball Coach Kevin Cooney, and Current Players Speak Up About the Lack of Amenities at FAU Baseball Stadium". UPressOnline.com. Archived from the original on July 12, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- ^ DelVecchio, Steve (April 3, 2012). "Does Having Only One Porta-Potty Cost FAU Baseball Recruits?". LarryBrownSports.com. Archived from the original on July 12, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.