FC Bayern Munich is a German football club, which had major success in the 1970s, but faded in the 1990s after relegation from the Bundesliga in 1992. The club achieved promotion to the Bundesliga in 2000 and had mid-table results since. In 2009 Bayern were runners-up in the Bundesliga, trailing champion Turbine Potsdam by a single goal. In the 2011–12 season on 12 May 2012, FC Bayern Munich dethroned the German Cup title holders 1. FFC Frankfurt with a 2–0 in the 2011–12 final in Cologne and celebrated the biggest success of the club's history since winning the championship in 1976.
In 2015 they won the Bundesliga for the first time.
- German women's football champions: 1976, 2015
- DFB-Pokal champions: 2012
- Bundesliga Cup: 2003, 2011
- Bavarian women's football champions: 1973–1990, 2000
- Bavarian cup winners: 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990
Bayern set a few international records in their campaign to qualify for the 2009–10 UEFA Women's Champions League:
- Most goals scored throughout a Champions League group stage: 32 (2009–10)
- Best goal difference throughout a Champions League group stage: +30 (2009–10)
As of 28 May 2015, according to official homepage 
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
The women's second team won the championship in the 2008–09 Regionalliga (Süd) and thus plays in the Second Bundesliga (Süd) since 2009–10. Bayern II is managed by Nathalie Bischof.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.