Marriage and other |
equivalent or similar unions and status
|Validity of marriages|
|Dissolution of marriages|
|Private international law|
The Family and the Criminal Code |
(or Criminal Law)
- marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships;
- adoption and surrogacy
- child abuse and child abduction
- the termination of relationships and ancillary matters, including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards.
- juvenile adjudication
- paternity testing and paternity fraud
This list is not exhaustive and varies depending on jurisdiction. In many jurisdictions in the United States, the family courts see the most crowded dockets. Litigants representative of all social and economic classes are parties within the system.
- California Child Actor's Bill, or the Coogan Law
- Merger doctrine (family law)
- Paternity fraud
- Supervised visitation
- Specific jurisdictions
- Algerian Family Code
- Family Court of Australia
- Family Law Act (Alberta, Canada)
- Family law system in England and Wales
- Malian Family Code
- Mudawana, the Moroccan Family Code
- The Philippines' Family Code of 1987
- Nashim, the order of the Mishnah outlining Jewish family law
- Sorge, J. & Scurlock, J. (2014). Divorce Corp: The Divorce Industry Explosed, book and video.
- Testimony of Barbara DaFoe Whitehead, Ph.D, Co-Director, National Marriage Project Rutgers University, before US Senate Subcommitee
- Wallerstein, Judith, Ph.D., "The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce", an analysis of the long-term effect of divorce on children; NPR interview (2001)
- R. Partain, "Comparative Family Law, Korean Family Law, and the Missing Definitions of Family", (2012) HongIk University Journal of Law, Vol. 13, No. 2.
- Vaious works by Professor Carol Smart.
- Sir Morris Finer (1974). Report of the Committee on One-Parent Families: presented to Parliament by the Secretary of State for Social Services by command of Her Majesty July 1974. H.M.S.O.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).