Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (video game)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is a video game based on the film of the same name and stars the Marvel Comics characters Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer published by 2K Games. It is the second Fantastic Four game that allows 4 people to play as together (previous game being the Fantastic Four for PlayStation).
The game allows the player to take on the role of any member of the Fantastic Four team and to switch characters at anytime. Each of the characters has a special ability:
- Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic has the ability to shift his body into a super-malleable state, enabling him to stretch, or otherwise reshape his physical form at his will.
- Susan Storm/Invisible Woman possesses the ability to bend light and ultimately become invisible (wholly or partially) at will. She also has telekinetic powers and the ability to project force energy from her body.
- Johnny Storm/The Human Torch can manipulate fire. He usually allows his entire body to be engulfed in flames considering his body can sustain the highest levels of heat. He can also fly.
- Ben Grimm/The Thing is incredibly strong and with skin stronger than diamonds. Ben Grimm can also carry heavy objects with ease.
In addition to missions featuring the whole team, there are various solo missions during the game, such as the Human Torch chasing the Silver Surfer through New York and Sue Storm using her invisibility powers to sneak through a Military Base.
The game also allows the use of fused attacks, giving you the ability of combining powers to pull off new moves. There are 12 different moves in the game, one with each combination of team members. One example is Sue creating an energy field & Johnny filling it with flame, effectively creating a bomb. Another is Ben charging toward enemy hordes and Sue projecting spinning telekinetic blades around him.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Video game reviews/data' not found.
- "Fantastic Four Biography". Retrieved 2007-07-06.
- "Mister Fantastic Biography". Retrieved 2007-07-06.
- "Invisible Woman Bio". Retrieved 2007-07-06.
- "Human Torch Biography". Retrieved 2007-07-06.
- "The Thing Biography". Retrieved 2007-07-06.
- Henderson, Tim (August 2007). "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer". Hyper (Next Media) (166): 69. ISSN 1320-7458.
- Official website
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer at the Internet Movie Database
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer at MobyGames
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Nintendo DS) at MobyGames