Feeling Myself (Nicki Minaj song)
|Song by Nicki Minaj featuring Beyoncé from the album The Pinkprint|
|The Pinkprint track listing|
This page is a soft redirect.}
"Feeling Myself" is a song by American rapper Nicki Minaj featuring American singer Beyoncé. The song was written by Minaj, Beyoncé, SZA and Hit-Boy, while Hit-Boy and Beyoncé produced the song. "Feeling Myself" is a hip hop song backed by a West Coast synth, driving bass and drums that lyrically revolves around both Minaj and Beyoncé bragging about themselves. As of May 24, 2015, the song has sold 474,000 copies in the US.
In May 2014, Minaj's manager Gee Roberson contacted her to inform her that Beyoncé wanted a remix of "Flawless" on which she would be featured. Following this, Beyoncé sent Minaj a new version she wanted and told Minaj, "I want you to be you. I don't want you to hold back." Minaj agreed to do the song with her and in return Beyoncé would be featured on The Pinkprint. Singer-songwriter SZA was en-listed to co-write parts of the song. She was called and later went to the studio to meet and work with the song's producer Hit-Boy. During the studio session SZA wrote the songs lyrics whilst Hit-boy produced it.
"Feeling Myself" features singer-songwriter Beyoncé. The beat is built over a West Coast synth, driving bass and drums along with bells and whistles incorporated into the production. The song contains rough edges, with high winding synths and intense lyrics that revolve around both Minaj and Knowles "bragging" about themselves.
Pitchfork Media named the song Best New Track, with Molly Beauchemin of Pitchfork Media writing that "Nicki Minaj is the only woman who can get Beyoncé to do her bidding. When a woman capable of 'stopping the world' tells you to 'carry on', there's no choice but to bring it."
- Balfour, Jay (May 30, 2015). "Hip Hop Singles Sales: Wiz Khalifa, Fetty Wap, T'Wayne". HipHopDX. Cheri Media Group. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Ramirez, Erika (August 4, 2014). "Nicki Minaj Explains How Beyonce's 'Flawless' Remix Came to Be". Billboard. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Mansell, Henry (January 1, 2015). "SZA Discusses Co-Writing Nicki Minaj's "Feeling Myself" & Updates "A" Album Status". HipHopDX.
- Hughes, Josiah (December 11, 2014). "Nicki Minaj "Feeling Myself" (ft. Beyoncé)". Exclaim!. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- Menyes, Carolyn (December 11, 2014). "Buzz Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé "Feelin' Myself' Leaks Before 'The Pinkprint' Release Date". Music Times. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- Beauchemin, Molly (December 17, 2014). "Nicki Minaj "Feeling Myself" [ft. Beyoncé]". <span />Pitchfork Media<span />. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- Ryan, Gavin (May 30, 2015). "ARIA Singles: Taylor Swift Bad Blood Is No 1". Noise11. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- "Ultratop.be – Nicki Minaj feat. Beyoncé – Feeling Myself" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Ultratop.be – Nicki Minaj feat. Beyoncé – Feeling Myself" (in Dutch). Ultratop Urban. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Nicki Minaj Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Nicki Minaj. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Lescharts.com – Nicki Minaj + Beyoncé – Feeling Myself" (in French). Les classement single. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- "Archive Chart: 2015-05-30". Scottish Singles Top 40. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Archive Chart: 2015-05-30" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved May 24, 2015.
- "Archive Chart: 2014-12-27" UK R&B Chart. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Nicki Minaj Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Nicki Minaj. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Nicki Minaj Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Nicki Minaj. Retrieved December 25, 2014.