France during World War II
The following are articles about the topic of France during World War II:
- Military history of France during World War II history of the French military 1939-1945
- Phoney War, or drôle de guerre ("strange war"), the period of little military activity between the defeat of Poland in October 1939 and April 1940.
- Battle of France where the German victory led to the fall of the Third Republic in May and June 1940.
- Free France (La France Libre) the government-in-exile in London and provisional government over unoccupied and liberated territories, and the forces under its control (Forces françaises libres), fighting on the Allies' side after the Appeal of 18 June of its leader's general de Gaulle.
- French Liberation Army (Armée française de la Libération) formed on 1 August 1943 by the merger of the FFL and all other free French units, principally the Army of Africa
- French Forces of the Interior (Forces françaises de l'intérieur) elements of the Resistance loyal to London and under its operational military command
- Free French Air Force
- Free French Naval Forces
- Vichy France, rump state established in June 1940 in the non-occupied Zone libre, officially neutral and independent until invaded by the Axis and the Allies in November 1942 under marshal Pétain
- Axis occupation of France:
- German occupation of France during World War II - 1940-44 in the northern zones, and 1942-44 in the southern zone
- French Resistance and the National Council of the Resistance which coordinated the various groups that made up the resistance
- Service du travail obligatoire - the provision of French citizens as forced labour in Germany
- The Holocaust in France
- Italian occupation of France during World War II - limited to border areas 1940-42, almost all Rhône left bank territory 1942-43
- Japanese and Thai occupation of French Indochina - beginning with the Japanese invasion in September 1940 and the Franco-Thai War started in October 1940
- Liberation of France
- Allied advance from Paris to the Rhine - advance as the right flank of the western front into Alsace-Lorraine in 1944
- Western Allied invasion of Germany - invasion as the right flank of the western front of Baden-Würtemberg in 1945
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.