GE Honda HF120
|Type||National origin||Manufacturer||First run|| Major applications
The GE Honda HF120 is a small turbofan engine for the light-business jet market. The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded Part 33 certification to GE Honda Aero Engines' HF120 turbofan engine in December 2013, and production certification in 2015.
The HF120 turbofan is the first engine to be produced by GE Honda Aero Engines. Developed from the Honda HF118, the HF120 is currently undergoing an extensive testing program, with formal certification testing scheduled to begin in late 2008. The engine has a wide-chord swept fan, two-stage low-pressure compressor and counter rotating high-pressure compressor based on a titanium impeller. Evolved from Honda's HF118, the engine demonstrates a 2,050 lbf takeoff thrust. The engine touts environmental performance, striving to meet and exceed future environmental standards for business jet engines. Greater fuel efficiency and reduced emissions are two of the goals of the engine's lightweight design. The first engines were produced at GE's factory, but in November 2014 production shifted to Burlington, North Carolina.
- Type: Turbofan engine
- Length: 44 in (111.8 cm)
- Diameter: maximum: 21.2 in (53.8 cm)
- Dry weight: <Script error: No such module "convert".
- Maximum thrust: takeoff thrust: 2,050 lbf
- Specific fuel consumption: <0.7
- Thrust-to-weight ratio: 4.5:1
- Related lists
- Trautvetter, Chad (18 March 2015). "GE Honda Wins FAA Production Certificate for HF120 Engine". Aviation International News. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Engine Prototyping prepares GE Honda Aero Engines for certification tests GE Aviation Press Release, 7/28/2008
- GE Honda Aero Engines Company Profile Flight International
- HF120 Performance Specifications GE Honda website
- HF120 Environmental Performance
- Epstein, Curt. "GE Honda Transitions HF120 Production to N. Carolina" 12 November 2014.
- Chad Trautvetter (18 September 2014). "Sierra Selects GE Honda HF120 for Sapphire CitationJet Upgrade Program". Ainonline.com. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- Parsons, Dan (20 October 2014), "GE Honda launches Cessna jet engine retrofit programme", Flightglobal (Reed Business Information), retrieved 20 October 2014
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to GE Honda HF120.|