Gail Koziara Boudreaux
|Gail Koziara Boudreaux|
|Born||Gail Koziara Boudreaux|
Columbia Business School
|Occupation||CEO of UnitedHealthcare|
Gail Koziara Boudreaux was a standout player for the Dartmouth Big Green Women's basketball team from 1978 through 1982. She later served as an executive for a number of companies. Currently, she is the CEO of UnitedHealthcare, the largest business division of UnitedHealth Group.
Gail attended Chicopee Comprehensive High School in Chicopee, Massachusetts. At 17, she averaged 23.4 points and 20 rebounds a game for the Chicopee Comprehensive girls' basketball team. She ultimately scored a school-record 1,719 career points. The 6'2" senior center also held the Massachusetts girls' state shot-put record with a throw of 44 feet, six inches.
Koziara led the Big Green women's basketball in scoring for three consecutive years, and still holds a significant number of school records. She became Dartmouth's all-time leading scorer and rebounder, with 1,933 points and 1,635 rebounds in 89 games. She also was named Ivy League Player of the Year three straight seasons, and became a two-time Academic All-American and third team All-American as well. She led the Big Green to the first of their many Ivy League championships. She also won four straight Ivy League women's shot put titles, with a throw of 46 feet, four inches her senior year.
She spent 20 years at AETNA, then in 2002 was named president of Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois. She became the Executive Vice President for External Operations Health Care Service Corporation, which encompasses Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois.
- Dartmouth Big Green women’s basketball media guide. (PDF copy available at www.DartmouthSports.com)
- Gail Koziara Boudreaux. Ivy at 50 - Council of Ivy Group Presidents, January 8, 2007.
- Gail Koziara Boudreaux Named NCAA Silver Anniversary Award Recipient. Darthmouth Varsity athletics, November 6, 2006.
- NCAA Announces 2007 NCAA Silver Anniversary Award Recipients. National Collegiate Athletic Association - NCAA.org, November 6, 2006
- UnitedHealth Group: Gail K. Boudreaux to Head Commercial Markets Group. Reuters, April 22, 2008.
- Faces in the Crowd. Sports Illustrated, February 27, 1978
- Faces in the Crowd. Sports Illustrated, May 31, 1982
- Sports Illustrated: Faces In the Crowd 1978
- Sports Illustrated: Faces In the Crowd 1982
- "The 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes.com.
|Silver Anniversary Awards (NCAA)
Class of 2007
Gail Koziara Boudreaux
Ambrose “Rowdy” Gaines
Ann Woods Smith
William Stetson, M.D.
| Succeeded by|
Class of 2008