Garbeta (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Country||Template:Country data India|
|Lok Sabha constituency||33. Jhargram (ST)|
|Electorate (Year)||176,760 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 233 Garbeta (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Garhbeta I community development block, and Amlasuli, Jogardanga, Piyasala and Sarboth gram panchayats of Garhbeta II community development block.
In the 2011 elections, Sushanta Ghosh of CPI(M) defeated his nearest rival Hema Choubey of Congress.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Garbeta |
|BJP||Tarak Nath Gan||7,733||4.69|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||11px0|
|Jharkhand Party (Naren)||0||11px1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||7||11px7|
|Communist Party of India||1||11px1|
Note: Constituency abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
Between 1967 and 2006 Garbeta had two seats – Garbeta East and Garbeta West.
1977-2006 Garbeta East
In the 2006, 2001, 1996, 1991 and 1987 state assembly elections, Susanta Ghosh won the 220 Garbeta East assembly seat, defeating his nearest rivals, Md. Rafique of Trinamool Congress in 2006 and 2001, Tapan Chakraborty of Congress in 1996 and 1991, and Pronab Roy of Congress in 1987. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Suvendu Mandal of CPI(M) defeated Sarat Kumar Roy of Congress in 1982 and Panchanan Sinha Roy of Janata Party in 1977.
1977-2006 Garbeta West
In 2006, 2001, 1996, 1991 and 1987 state assembly elections, Krishna Prasad Duley of CPI(M) won the 221 Garbeta West (SC) assembly seat defeating Tapas Saha of BJP in 2006, Kalipada Duley of BJP in 2001, Siddhartha Bisai of Congress in 1996, and Kinkar Ruidas of Congress in 1991 and 1987. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Anadi Malla of CPI(M) defeated Madan Mohan Guria of Congress. Santosh Bisui of CPI(M) defeated Krishna Prasad Duley of CPI. 
1967-1972 Garbeta East
Krishna Prasad Duley of CPI won in 1972, 1971 and 1969. K.K.Chalak of Congress won in 1967.
1967-1972 Garbeta West
Saroj Roy of CPI won in 1972, 1971 and 1969. P.Sinha Roy of Congress won in 1967.
Tushar Tudu of Congress won in 1962. Tushar Tudu of Congress and Saroj Roy of CPI won the Garbeta dual seat in 1957. Saroj Roy of CPI won the Garbeta seat in independent India’s first election in 1951.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Garbeta". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Garbeta. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Gabeta. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "220 - Garhbeta East Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "221 - Garhbeta West (SC) Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-20.