Genus plc is a British-based business selling products manufactured using biotechnology to cattle and pig farmers. It is headquartered in Basingstoke and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The business has its origins in the former Breeding & Production Division of the Milk Marketing Board which was established in 1933 and broken up in 1994. In 1999 Genus acquired ABS Global, a company founded by J.R. Prentice in the US as the American Breeders Service in 1941 selling the semen of cattle. In 2005 Genus acquired, through the takeover of Sygen International plc, PIC, a company founded by six pork producers in the UK as the Pig Improvement Company in 1962.
Board of Directors
- Bob Lawson (Chairman).
- Karim Bitar (CEO).
- Stephen Wilson (Group Finance Director).
- Nigel Turner (Senior Non-Executive Director).
- Mike Buzzacott (Non-Executive Director).
- Professor Barry Furr (Non-Executive Director).
- Tom Kilroy (Group General Counsel & Company Secretary).
The Company has two divisions:
|Nations and regions|