Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Ghuwayr Abu Shusha

Ghuwayr Abu Shusha

This article is about the former Palestinian village in Tiberias Sub-district. For the former Palestinian village in Haifa Sub-district, see Abu Shusha, Haifa. For the former Palestinian village in Ramle Sub-district, see Abu Shusha.
Ghuwayr Abu Shusha
Subdistrict Tiberias
Palestine grid 197/251
Area 12,098 dunams
Date of depopulation 21 and 28 April 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces
Secondary cause Influence of nearby town's fall

Ghuwayr Abu Shusha was a Palestinian Arab village in the Tiberias Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 21, 1948. It was located 8 km north of Tiberias, nearby Wadi Rubadiyya.

In 1945, it had a population of 1,240. A shrine for a local sage known as al-Shaykh Muhammad remains. The village also contained Khirbat Abu Shusha, which had the ruins of water-powered mills.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p.xvii, village #93. Also gives causes of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Coordinates: 32°51′13″N 35°30′34″E / 32.8535°N 35.5094°E / 32.8535; 35.5094{{#coordinates:32.8535|N|35.5094|E|source:kolossus-hewiki|||| |primary |name= }}


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.