Glendale and Montrose Railway
It was built from Glendale to Eagle Rock in 1909 and to Montrose and La Crescenta in April 1913. In February 1924 the Glendale and Montrose trolleys traversed Union Pacific (UP) tracks to reach Los Angeles. The railway ceased operation at the end of 1930, and the Union Pacific took over the remaining tracks in 1931. A few years later, UP converted the ex-G&M trackage from electric to diesel.
One of the electric locomotives of the Glendale & Montrose has been preserved in the collection of the Orange Empire Railway Museum. G&M No. 22, a 1923 Baldwin-Westinghouse boxcab locomotive, became UP No. E100 after Union Pacific acquired the G&M. In 1942, after UP ceased electric operation on the former G&M tracks, No. E100 was sold to a Union Pacific subsidiary in Washington, the Yakima Valley Transportation Company (YVT). It became YVT No. 297 and continued in use in Yakima for many years. When retired, in 1985, the locomotive was donated to the Orange Empire Railway Museum.
- Hilton, George W. & Due, John F. (2000) . The Electric Interurban Railways in America. Stanford, California: Stanford University Press. ISBN 0-8047-4014-3.
- Glendale and Montrose Railway Company article by the Electric Railway Historical Association of California
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.