Arizona Diamondbacks – No. 53
Born: September 26, 1960|
Glenn Patrick Sherlock (born September 26, 1960, at Nahant, Massachusetts) is an American professional baseball coach. An original member of the Arizona Diamondbacks Major League coaching staff, he will spend his 18th consecutive season with the Diamondbacks in
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year as the club's bench coach. He previously served as the team's longtime bullpen coach, although he spent stints as bench coach (
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year), first base coach (
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year) and third base coach (2004; 2014).
Sherlock attended Rollins College and was originally signed by the Houston Astros as their 21st pick in the 1983 draft. A catcher, he played in the Astros and New York Yankees farm system until he retired in
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year, without having made it to the Majors.
Coaching and managerial career
He managed the Rookie-level Gulf Coast Yankees (1990; 1993) and led the Class A Fort Lauderdale Yankees in 1991, when he was named a coach for the Florida State League All-Star Game. His three-year minor league managerial record wrapped up at 121-128 (.486) and then he went down under to hone his managerial skills in the winter of 1993, leading the Canberra Bushrangers in the Australian Baseball League.
Sherlock was catching instructor for the Yankees twice, working in the bullpen in 1992, then once again in 1994 and 1995. He was employed for ten seasons in the Yankee chain either as a minor league player, coach or manager.
- REDIRECT Template:Baseball year season marks Sherlock's 33rd year in professional baseball. Brought to the Diamondbacks in 1996 as a minor league instructor by Buck Showalter, the team's first manager and also a veteran of the Yankee farm system, Sherlock is the only member of Arizona's original coaching staff that has been on board since the outset in 1998.
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|Arizona Diamondbacks bench coach
| Succeeded by|