Gone with the Wind (song)
This page is a soft redirect.Gone with the Wind (disambiguation)]].
|"Gone with the Wind"|
|Single by Horace Heidt|
Allie Wrubel (music) |
Herb Magidson (lyrics)
"Gone with the Wind" is a popular song. The music was written by Allie Wrubel, the lyrics by Herb Magidson. The song was published in 1937. A version recorded by Horace Heidt and his Brigadiers was a #1 song in 1937.
Diane E. Holloway, who has written extensively on American popular songs, insists that the song's title was inspired by the 1936 publication of the novel Gone with the Wind, and the timing of the song's release indicates that this is likely. But the lyrics have no connection to the subject matter of the novel, and this song should not be confused with any of the music featured in the 1939 film adaptation.
- Billie Holiday - Music For Torching (1955)
- Julie London - Julie Is Her Name (1955)
- Rita Reys - The Cool Voice of Rita Reys (1956)
- Art Tatum with Ben Webster - "The Tatum Group Masterpieces, Volume Eight" (1956 - 3 takes on CD issue)
- Frank Sinatra - Frank Sinatra Sings for Only the Lonely (1958)
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street (1959)
- Dave Brubeck - Gone with the Wind (1959)
- Art Pepper - Intensity (1960)
- Wes Montgomery - The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery (1960)
- Ella Fitzgerald - Ella in Berlin: Mack the Knife (1960) (reissue 1993)
- Connie Francis - Songs to a Swinging Band (1960)
- Anthony Newley - "Love is a Now and Then Thing" (1960)
- The Duprees - (single, #89 pop, 1963)
- Bill Evans - California Here I Come (1967)
- Sun Ra - Blue Delight (1989)
- Sarah Vaughan - Vaughan And Violins" (1958)
- Jim Henson (as Muppet character Guy Smiley) - Sesame Street (1969)
- Jim Nabors - The Muppet Show (1976)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.