|File:Google Sync logo.png|
|This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (December 2014)|
Google Sync was a file synchronization service from Google that provided over-the-air synchronization of Gmail, Google Contacts, and Google Calendar with PC and mobile device Mail, Calendar and Address Book applications. It used Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® to let service users synchronize their Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendars to their mobile devices, wherein the users can also set up or customize the alerts for incoming messages and upcoming meetings. Google Sync worked with PC, Mac, Linux, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian S60, iPhone, iPad, Windows Mobile, and other devices. Google Sync was announced in February 2009 and discontinued for non-business users in December 2012.[dubious ]
Google Sync was a bidirectional service. Changes made on one device would be backed up to the user's Google Account. All other Google data on devices sharing that same Google account would be automatically synchronized as well. In case the user's Mobile Device is lost, the data is still securely stored.
- Android - choose to back up and sync any combination of Gmail, People, or Calendar. Setup
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Windows Mobile - choose to sync any combination of Mail, Contacts, or Calendar. Setup 
- BlackBerry - choose to sync Google Contacts and Google Calendar to the built-in Address Book and Calendar applications. Setup 
- Most other mobile phones - Wireless synchronization of Google Contacts to the built-in Address Book application. Setup 
- Google Sync
- Google Sync: Overview of Sync Availability
- "What is Google Sync?". Google Support.
- Google Sync Beta for iPhone, WinMo and SyncML Phones
- Google Sync services
- Lifehacker:Google Sync Keeps Contacts and Calendars in Sync on Your Mobile Phone
- Panchapakesan, Venkat. (2012-12-14) Official Blog: Winter cleaning. Googleblog.blogspot.in. Retrieved on 2013-11-29.
- Google for iPhone
- Google for BlackBerry
- Official website
- Mashable:How to Sync Google Services With Your Mobile Device
- Brighthub: How to Use Google Sync with Google Calendar, Gmail Contacts, and Your BlackBerry