Gordon E. Sawyer Award
The Gordon E. Sawyer Award is a special Oscar awarded by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to "an individual in the motion picture industry whose technological contributions have brought credit to the industry." The award is named in honour of Gordon E. Sawyer, the former Sound Director at Samuel Goldwyn Studio and three-time Academy Award winner who claimed that a listing of past Academy Awards, arranged both chronologically and by category, represents a history of the development of motion pictures. The Gordon E. Sawyer Award is voted upon and given by the Scientific and Technical Awards Committee of the Academy.
Recipients of the Gordon E. Sawyer Award
- 1981 (54th) Joseph Walker
- 1982 (55th) John O. Aalberg
- 1983 (56th) Dr. John G. Frayne
- 1984 (57th) Linwood G. Dunn
- 1987 (60th) Fred Hynes
- 1988 (61st) Gordon Henry Cook
- 1989 (62nd) Pierre Angénieux
- 1990 (63rd) Stefan Kudelski
- 1991 (64th) Ray Harryhausen
- 1992 (65th) Erich Kästner
- 1993 (66th) Petro Vlahos
- 1995 (68th) Donald C. Rogers
- 1997 (70th) Don Iwerks
- 1999 (72nd) Dr. Roderick T. Ryan
- 2000 (73rd) Irwin W. Young
- 2001 (74th) Edmund M. Di Giulio
- 2003 (76th) Peter D. Parks
- 2004 (77th) Takuo Miyagishima
- 2005 (78th) Gary Demos
- 2006 (79th) Ray Feeney
- 2007 (80th) David Grafton
- 2008 (81st) Edwin Catmull
- 2011 (84th) Douglas Trumbull
- 2013 (86th) Peter Anderson (cinematographer)
- 2014 (87th) David W. Gray
- "Topic Galleries". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "19 Scientific And Technical Achievements To Be Honored With Academy Awards®". Oscars.org. 2012-08-24. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "SciTech Awards Fete Sound and Digital Cinema Pioneers". Hollywood Reporter. 2015-02-07. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.