Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (video)
|Greatest Hits: My Prerogative|
|Video by Britney Spears|
|Released||November 9, 2004|
|Genre||Pop, teen pop, dance-pop|
|Britney Spears chronology|
This page is a soft redirect.}
Greatest Hits: My Prerogative is a greatest videos DVD compilation by singer Britney Spears. Designed by Jim Swaffield, the highly interactive collection was released by Jive Records on November 9, 2004, it accompanied the greatest hits of the same name. The collection contained all of Spears's music videos from 1998 to 2004, including unreleased material from the shoot of "Outrageous". It also contained alternate versions of the videos with never before seen footage.
The DVD received positive reviews from critics, who complimented the quality of the audio and the image and also deemed Spears as the ultimate video performer. Greatest Hits: My Prerogative debuted at the top of the DVD charts in Australia, number two in Hungary and number nine on Billboard's Top Music Videos. It was also certified two-times platinum in countries such as Argentina, Australia and the United States.
On August 13, 2004, Spears announced through Jive Records the release of her first greatest hits compilation titled Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, due November 16, 2004. A DVD would also be released the same day, containing Spears's music videos. The compilation took four months to be assembled, as crews from her record label combed through unedited and unused footage, instrumentals and alternate audio. The DVD provided two menus — one which contained all of Spears's music videos to date, as well as scenes from the unreleased video of "Outrageous"; and other for alternate versions with never before seen footage from "...Baby One More Time", "(You Drive Me) Crazy", "Oops!...I Did It Again", "Stronger", "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know", "I'm a Slave 4 U", "Toxic", "Everytime" and "My Prerogative". Among the highlights of the alternate takes were new vocal mixes in "(You Drive Me) Crazy" and "I'm a Slave 4 U" and a karaoke version of the diamonds scene of "Toxic". The video also included hidden footage, such as a third alternate version of "My Prerogative". The release date for the DVD was later moved to November 9, 2004.
James Griffiths of The Guardian commented, "Here comes the Queen of Pop in a box so shiny you can see your face in it. Spears is described on the cover as 'the ultimate video performer', and watching the 20 promos contained within, it's difficult to argue. [...] Relentlessly thrusting herself at the camera, compulsively preening amid special FX galas, Britney is the MTV video age in human form." He also complimented the innovations of the menu, but added that "it's not particularly impressive" and "you need to be pretty nifty with your handset to find them." Music Week said, "The DVD version of Spears' high-flying 'best of' set adds bells and whistles to the audio version at only a slight premium pricewise. Twenty promo videos are included, all with top-notch sound and vision". Allmusic gave the compilation four and a half stars out of five. Rolling Stone graded it with three out of five stars.
The collection debuted at number three on Billboard 's Top Music Videos chart on November 27, 2004. It was present on the Music Video chart for a total of 22 weeks. On December 15, 2004, the DVD was certified two-times platinum in the United States by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments of 200,000 copies. On November 22, 2004, the DVD debuted at the top of the ARIA Top 40 Music DVD chart in Australia, replacing Hell Freezes Over by Eagles. It was certified two-times platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) for shipments of 30,000 units. The collection also ranked at number thirty-two on the year-end DVD chart for 2005. The DVD debuted at number two on the Hungarian Top 20 DVD chart on November 8, 2004. On December 1, 2004, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative was certified two-times platinum by the Argentine Chamber of Phonograms and Videograms Producers (CAPIF) for shipments of 60,000 copies in total. On May 9, 2005, it was certified gold by the Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas (AMPROFON) for shipments of 10,000 copies. Greatest Hits: My Prerogative also received a platinum certification in France, for shipments of 15,000 copies of the video. According to the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD), it was the second best-selling DVD of 2004 in the world.
|1.||"My Prerogative"||Jake Nava||3:49|
|2.||"Outrageous"||R. Kelly||Dave Meyers||0:43|
|5.||"Me Against the Music" (featuring Madonna)||Paul Hunter||4:01|
|6.||"Boys (The Co-Ed Remix)" (featuring Pharrell Williams)||Meyers||3:35|
|7.||"I Love Rock 'n' Roll"||Chris Applebaum||3:10|
|8.||"I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman"||Wayne Isham||3:49|
|9.||"Overprotected – The Darkchild Remix"||Applebaum||3:36|
|10.||"Overprotected" (International Video)||Bille Woodruff||3:53|
|11.||"I'm a Slave 4 U"||Francis Lawrence||3:22|
|12.||"Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know"||Herb Ritts||3:56|
|15.||"Oops!... I Did It Again"||Nigel Dick||4:11|
|16.||"From the Bottom of My Broken Heart"||Eric Foster White||Gregory Dark||4:34|
|17.||"Born to Make You Happy"||Woodruff||3:34|
|18.||"(You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix!)"||Dick||3:17|
|20.||"...Baby One More Time"||Max Martin||Dick||3:56|
Charts and certifications
- Vineyard, Jennifer (2004-08-13). "Britney Covers Bobby Brown's 'My Prerogative' For Forthcoming LP". MTV. MTV Networks. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Vineyard, Jennifer (2004-10-27). "Britney DVD Has Alternate Takes Of Her Videos, Plus More Skin - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. MTV Networks. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Griffiths, James (2005-02-04). "DVD: Britney Spears, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative". The Guardian (Guardian Media Group). Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Reporter, Music Week (2004-11-27). "Britney Spears: Greatest Hits: My Prerogative.". Music Week. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- [[[:Template:Allmusic]] "allmusic ((( Greatest Hits: My Prerogative [Video] > Overview )))"]. Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. 2004. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- Perpetua, Matthew (2004). "Britney Spears - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative". Rolling Stone (Wenner Media) 120 (50): 12. ISSN 0035-791X.
- "Music Video Sales". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. November 27, 2004. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Billboard Top Music Videos". Billboard (Nielsen Business Media, Inc) 117 (17). 2005-04-23. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Britney Spears – Gold & Platinum – Greatest Hits: My Prerogative". Recording Industry Association of America. 2008-11-13. Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- "ARIA Top 40 Music DVD" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association. Pandora.nla. 2004-11-22. p. 22. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2004 DVD". Australian Recording Industry Association. aria.com.au. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "ARIA Charts - End Of Year Charts - Music DVD Chart 2005". Australian Recording Industry Association. aria.com.au. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "DVD Top 20 lista – Archivum 2009/39" (in Hungarian). Mahasz Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége. 2004-11-08. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Britney Spears – Discos de Oro y Platino". Argentine Chamber of Phonograms and Videograms Producers. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Certificaciones". Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. 2005-05-09. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Certifications Video Double Platine – année 2004". Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. 2004-12-08. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Brazilian Market Music: Global Music Market - Page 12" (PDF). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. January 2005. Retrieved 2012-04-23.
- グレイテスト・ヒッツ：マイ・プリロガティヴＤＶＤ (in Japanese). Oricon. 2004-12-08. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- "Veckolista DVD Album - Vecka 47, 19 November 2004" (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. GLF. Retrieved 2011-04-22. Note: The reader must open "Urval" on the right side of the screen, select "DVD Album", year 2004 and week 47, to show the chart position.
- "Argentinian album certifications – Britney Spears – Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (video)". Argentine Chamber of Phonograms and Videograms Producers.
- NO certyear WAS PROVIDED for AUSTRALIAN CERTIFICATION.
- "French album certifications – Britney Spears – Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (video)" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.
- "Japanese album certifications – Britney Spears – Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (video)" (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan.
- "Certificaciones – Britney Spears" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas.
- "American album certifications – Britney Spears – Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (video)". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
- Greatest Hits: My Prerogative at AllMovie
- Greatest Hits: My Prerogative at the Internet Movie Database
- Greatest Hits: My Prerogative at Rotten Tomatoes
Unknown extension tag "indicator"