|Motor racing formula|
|Country or region||International|
Group RGT (or sometimes Group R-GT), is a FIA specification for GT cars in rallying, as described in Appendix J, article 256 of the FIA sporting regulations. The RGT regulations were first introduced in 2011, but since 2014 homologation of car models is no longer required. Instead, technical passports for individual vehicles can be obtained, which should promote entries of RGT cars in FIA rallies.
The category is for series production GT cars, that must be two-wheel driven. A car with four-wheel drive cars can be used as basis, but must be transformed into a 2WD version. All cars must be fitted with a restrictor whose diameter is determined by the FIA in order to achieve a weight/power ratio of 3.4 kg/hp (4.6kg/kw).
Lotus Exige R-GT homologation
Lotus presented an RGT version of the Exige S at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2011, but it wasn't until July 2012 before they finally got the FIA homologation for this first car to compete in the RGT category. The competition debut took place at the end of July at Rally Vinho da Madeira, with Portuguese driver Bernardo Sousa. After posting stage times in the top ten for the first two special stages, they had to retire in the third stage because of an accident caused by an electronics glitch. After that, there were no further appearances of the Exige R-GT in international rallies.
Technical passports for individual cars
Since 2014, the FIA issues technical passports for individual cars that are prepared to comply with the RGT regulations. The first such appearance was Marc Duez who entered a Porsche 996 GT3 for the 2014 Monte Carlo Rally. He achieved some respectable stage times, but was forced to retire on the last day. At the 2014 Rallye Deutschland, Richard Tuthill entered with a modified Porsche 997 and finished as 27th (of 63 classified), thus realising the first finish of a Porsche at a WRC event since 1986.
FIA R-GT Cup
Starting in 2015, there is an international cup for RGT cars, organised by the FIA. In the first season, it is competed on five tarmac events of the WRC and ERC: Rallye Monte-Carlo, Ypres Rally, Rallye Deutschland, Rallye International du Valais and Tour de Corse.
2015 R-GT Cup
|1||23x15px François Delecour||1||25|
|2||23x15px Romain Dumas||2||18|
|3||23x15px Marc Duez||3||15|
Other starts in international rallies
Starts in R-GT Cup events are covered by the corresponding R-GT Cup season article and not listed below.
|2012||23x15px Rally Vinho da Madeira||ERC||Lotus Exige R-GT||23x15px Bernardo Sousa||retired (accident)|
|2014||23x15px Monte Carlo Rally||WRC||Porsche 996 GT3||23x15px Marc Duez||retired (mechanical)|
|2014||23x15px Rally Finland||WRC||Porsche 997 GT3||23x15px Jani Ylipahkala||retired (mechanical)|
|2014||23x15px Rallye Deutschland||WRC||Porsche 997 GT3||23x15px Richard Tuthill||27th|
|2014||23x15px Rallye de France—Alsace||WRC||Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0||23x15px Romain Dumas||19th|
|Porsche 997 GT3||23x15px François Delecour||37th|
|2014||23x15px Tour de Corse||ERC||Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0||23x15px Romain Dumas||5th|
|2015||23x15px Monte Carlo Rally||WRC||3 starters in the R-GT cup|
|2015||23x15px Circuit of Ireland||ERC||Porsche 997 GT3||23x15px Robert Woodside||retired|
- "Article 256 (2015) - Specific Regulations for GT Production Cars (Group RGT)" (PDF). FIA. 2013-12-19.
- "World Motor Sport Council June 2013". FIA. 2013-06-28.
- "2015 FIA R-GT Cup". FIA. 2014-09-29.
- "Lotus Exige R-GT Gets Homologated". Lotus Cars. 2012-07-26.
- "European Rally Championship - Rali Vinho da Madeira". Lotus Cars. 2012-07-30.
- "A thrilling sideshow". wrc.com. 2013-01-18.
- "Tuthill Porsche makes history". maxrally.com. 2014-08-24.
- "Bernardo Sousa at Rali Vinho da Madeira 2012". ewrc-results.com.
- "Marc Duez at Rally Monte Carlo 2014". ewrc-results.com.
- "Jani Ylipahkala at Rally Finland 2014". ewrc-results.com.
- "Richard Tuthill at Rallye Deutschland 2014". ewrc-results.com.
- "Romain Dumas at 2014 Rallye de France 2014 - Alsace". ewrc-results.com.
- "François Delecour at 2014 Rallye de France 2014 - Alsace". ewrc-results.com.
- "Romain Dumas at Tour de Corse 2014". ewrc-results.com.
- "Robert Woodside at Circuit of Ireland 2015". ewrc-results.com.