HMS Inglis (K570)
HMS Inglis (K570) was a [[Captain class frigate #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Captain-class]] frigate in the Royal Navy. Built as USS Inglis (DE-125), an [[Evarts class destroyer escort #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Evarts-class]] destroyer escort, at the Boston Navy Yard, Boston, Massachusetts, for the United States Navy, she was launched 2 November 1943; accepted and transferred to Great Britain under Lend-Lease 12 January 1944.
This, and other Evarts-class destroyer escorts, formed the Captain class of frigates in the Royal Navy and played a vital part in Allied antisubmarine operations in the Atlantic. The Inglis was returned to the U.S. Navy on 20 March 1946. She was sold to C.B. Baldridge, Bay, Ohio, in September 1947 and subsequently scrapped.
- "Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Volume III", Navy Department, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, Naval History Division, Washington, D.C., 1968, Library of Congress card no. 60-60198, page 440.