Halal Industry Development Corporation
|Formed||18 September 2006|
|Jurisdiction||Ministry of International Trade & Industry|
Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC)|
5.02, Level 5
KPMG Tower, First Avenue
Persiaran Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
|Agency executive||Dato' Seri Jamil Bidin, Chief Executive Officer|
|Parent Agency||Ministry of International Trade and Industry (Malaysia)|
Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC), an agency under the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (Malaysia), is an initiative of the Malaysian government to ensure the integrated and comprehensive development of the national halal industry. HDC focuses on the development of halal standards; branding and promotion; and commercial development of halal products and services.
Dato' Seri Jamil Bidin serves as HDC Chief Executive Officer. It was officially incorporated on 18 September 2006 as a dedicated organisation focused on the key mission to realise Malaysia’s vision to become the Global Halal hub  and elevate halal as the standard of choice. HDC is the world's first Government-backed halal industry development corporation to coordinate a comprehensive development of the halal industry.
In August 2006, Syed Jalaludin Syed Salim, PhD was appointed chairman of HDC and Dato' Seri Jamil Bidin the corporation's Chief Executive Officer. In September 2006, HDC was launched. HDC took over halal administration from the Department of Islamic Development of Malaysia (JAKIM) "in order to place halal matters fully under one central agency."
In April 2011, HDC began a partnership with the JAKIM, in which HDC trains and consults with small-and-medium-sized enterprises so that the enterprises can apply for halal certificates from JAKIM.
In October 2013, HDC signed a memorandum of understanding with SME Bank and Bumiputera Agenda Steering Unit for the establishment of a RM280 million Halal Development Fund. The fund is intended to the develop the halal industry and Bumiputera entrepreneurs in Malaysia for international markets. HDC is to provide a list of pre-screened halal-compliant companies for the fund.
- "PM TO ANNOUNCE INCENTIVES FOR HALAL INDUSTRY". Bernama Daily Malaysian News. 11 May 2008.
- "CHINA, RUSSIA AND INDIA WANT TO SHARE MALAYSIA'S EXPERTISE ON HALAL INDUSTRY". Bernama Daily Malaysian News. 10 March 2013.
- Rosalynn Poh (March 2, 2009). "City & Country: 'Growing slowly but surely'". The Edge Malaysia.
- "Oman, Malaysia Sign Accord to Cooperate in Halal Industry". Muscat Daily. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Malaysia signs deal with Chinese region on halal products". Agence France Presse. 8 May 2007.
- "GLOBAL EXPANSION HOPE FOR M'SIA'S HALAL CERTIFICATION STANDARD". Organisation of Asia-Pacific News Agencies. 5 May 2008.
- "M’sian Muslim entrepreneurs urged to dominate production of halal products". Borneo Post. 23 July 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "IVIS Group delivers an integrated Halal Knowledge Centre Portal for Halal Development Corporation". ivis Group. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "OIC Final declaration shows Leaders' will to protect Islam". OIC Today. Volume 15 2008. Retrieved 2 June 2014. Check date values in:
- "The World Halal Forum 2007" (PDF). The World Halal Forum Org. 19 December 2006. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "The Halal Journal". KasehDia. Jan+Feb 2007. Retrieved 2 June 2014. Check date values in:
- "Opening Speech, Yang Berhormat Dato’ Sri Mustapa Mohamed - Minister Of International Trade & Industry At The Official Opening Of The World Halal Week 2013". MATRADE. 3 April 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "SYED JALALUDIN NAMED AS CHAIRMAN OF HALAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION". Bernama Daily Malaysian News. 9 August 2006.
- Zalina Zakaria (2008). "Tapping into the World Halal Market: Some discussions on Malaysian laws and standards" (PDF) 16. Shariah Journal. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "HALAL INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT CORP INKS MoU WITH JAKIM TO GUIDE SMEs". Bernama Daily Malaysian News. 19 April 2011.
- "Halal products exports growth on uptrend, says Mustapa". Borneo Post. 19 October 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Morocco’s legislative moves can only bring the country so far". Islamic Finance News. December 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Halal.|