The Henschel Hs 294 was a guided air-to-sea missile developed by Germany during World War II, in 1943. It was a further development of the Henschel Hs 293, but was of an elongated, more streamlined shape. When launched from an aircraft, it was guided to its target by remote control. Just before it reached its target, it was guided into the water, whereupon its wings would break off, then it then would run like a torpedo, propelled by its remaining kinetic energy; it would explode below the water line of the vessel. The proximity fuse was that of a regular German torpedo.