Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Hermon Camp House

Hermon Camp House

Hermon Camp House
250px
Hermon Camp House, ca. 1900
Location Camp St., Trumansburg, New York
Coordinates

42°32′19″N 76°39′42″W / 42.53861°N 76.66167°W / 42.53861; -76.66167Coordinates: 42°32′19″N 76°39′42″W / 42.53861°N 76.66167°W / 42.53861; -76.66167{{#coordinates:42|32|19|N|76|39|42|W|region:US_type:landmark |primary |name=

}}
Area Script error: No such module "convert".
Built 1845
Architect Judd, Thomas
Architectural style Greek Revival
Governing body Private
NRHP Reference # 73001279[1]
Added to NRHP December 04, 1973

Hermon Camp House is a historic home located at Trumansburg in Tompkins County, New York. It was built in 1845-1847 and consists of a two story central block flanked by two slightly lower wings in the Greek Revival style. The main block is dominated by a full-height portico with six fluted Doric order columns supporting full entabulature and parapet. Attached to the west wing of the main block is a carriage house.[2]

It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.[1]

The house is privately owned and used as a residence, and so is not open to the public. The owners occasionally open it for local charity and political events.

References


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.