|Founder||Camilla Stephens, James Foottit|
|Headquarters||Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, UK|
|Products||Pies & Quiches|
Number of employees
Higgidy is a UK-based company established in 2003 making handmade pies and quiches in West Sussex. It is run by husband and wife team Camilla Stephens and James Foottit. The word 'Higgidy' was made up by a small child and refers to the fact that all of Higgidy's pies are individual and imperfectly shaped.
As a small supplier the company achieved a breakthrough in 2006 when it was selected to supply Sainsbury's supermarkets as part of the "Supply Something New" scheme. The company saw significant growth and by early 2008 had already achieved a turnover of £3.2M with a workforce of 50 employees. It was in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 of fastest growing companies in the UK for two years running in 2009/2010, and in 2011, was chosen as the regional winner for the South in the HSBC Business Thinking initiative.
Higgidy's original range consisted of four pies in traditional flavours with a twist.
In February 2008 they launched a second range,'Skinny Pies'  (now 'Little Pies'), all vegetarian and designed to cater for smaller appetites. There were shortly followed by a new venture for the business into quiche. 2010 saw the launch of 'snack quiches' and 'slices' designed primarily as lunchtime foods. This year the 'Crustless Quiche' joined the range in May.
Today, Higgidy offers over 20 pies, quiches and slices at any time, some of which are in continual production throughout the year; others of which are altered with the seasons. Camilla and her team are always creating new recipes and product ideas.
Higgidy products can be purchased in most Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Booths stores and some Budgens, the Co-operative Food, and Asda stores; or online at Ocado. Additionally, the individual quiches are available in the Food to Go section in Boots stores.
- "Company Profile - Higgidy | The Grocer Today - The Grocer Retail News, UK Market Insights & Retail Reports". Thegrocer.co.uk. 2009-06-04. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Sainsbury's Suppliers: News : 20092007[dead link]
- Cook took a bigger slice of the pie - Times Online[dead link]
- "2010 Fast Track 100 - Rank: 43 Higgidy". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "Business Thinking South winner: Higgidy". The Telegraph. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- McLoughlin, Beth (2006-11-15). "Higgidy gourmet pies get quality branding by Ziggurat". Brandrepublic.com. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- DBA Design Effectiveness Awards : Higgidy[dead link]
- THE INSIDER | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET.com[dead link]
- "Where to buy a Higgidy pie". Higgidy.co.uk. Retrieved 22 October 2012.