Hot Bird 13B
Hot Bird 8 (2006-12)|
Hot Bird 13B (2012—)
|Mission duration||15 years|
|Launch mass||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||4 August 2006, 21:48:00UTC|
|Launch site||Baikonur 200/39|
|Contractor||International Launch Services|
Hot Bird 13B, known as Hot Bird 8 prior to 2012, is a French communications satellite. Operated by Eutelsat, it provides direct to home broadcasting services from geostationary orbit as part of Eutelsat's Hot Bird Hot Bird constellation at a longitude of 13 degrees east.
Hot Bird 13B was constructed by Astrium, and is based on the Eurostar-3000 satellite bus. It has a mass of Script error: No such module "convert". and is expected to operate for 15 years. The spacecraft has 64 Ku-band transponders, broadcasting satellite television and radio to Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.
Hot Bird 8, as it was then named, was launched by a Proton-M carrier rocket with a Briz-M upper stage. The launch took place from Site 200/39 at the Baikonur Cosmodrome, at 21:48:00 on 4 August 2006 with spacecraft separation occurring at 06:59:20 on 5 August. The launch was conducted by International Launch Services. The spacecraft was deployed into geosynchronous transfer orbit, raising itself to its operational geostationary position at 13 degrees east by means of its apogee motor. The spacecraft is co-located with Hot Bird 13C and Hot Bird 13D.
- Krebs, Gunter. "Hot Bird 8, 9, 10 → Eutelsat Hot Bird 13B, 13C, 13D / Atlantic Bird 4A / Eutelsat 3C". Gunter's Space Page. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "EUTELSAT HOT BIRD 13B satellite". The Fleet. Eutelsat. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- McDowell, Jonathan. "Launch Log". Jonathan's Space Page. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "ILS Current Campaign Blog - HOT BIRD 8" (PDF). International Launch Services. 7 September 2006. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "HOT BIRD 8". International Launch Services. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- International Media Switzerland Official provider's site
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.