|File:Hutson Mason 2013.jpg|
|No. -- Washington Redskins|
|Date of birth:||September 20, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Marietta, Georgia|
|Height:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
Career Template:If empty statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Hutson Taylor Mason (born September 20, 1991) is an American football quarterback for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Georgia and was the Bulldogs starting quarterback in 2014.
Mason attended Lassiter High School in Marietta, Georgia. As a senior he threw for a Georgia high school record 4,560 yards and 54 touchdowns and was the state's Gatorade Football Player of the Year. In his two years as starter he threw for 8,265 yards and 85 touchdowns.
As a true freshman at the University of Georgia in 2010, Mason played in four games as a backup QB to Aaron Murray. He passed for 102 yards and had one touchdown. As a sophomore in 2011 he again was the backup to Murray, passing for 254 yards and two touchdowns. In 2012, he redshirted so that he could have another year of eligibility. Mason returned in 2013 as the backup to Murray. After Murray tore his ACL, Mason took over as Georgia's starting quarterback and made his first career start against Georgia Tech. He finished the game 22 of 36 for 299 yards and two touchdowns. Mason also started the 2014 Gator Bowl, passing for 320 yards with one touchdown. Overall he appeared in five games, going 67 of 110 for 968 yards, five touchdowns and three interceptions. In 2014 he took over as Georgia's starting quarterback after Murray graduated. He started all 13 games, completing 188 of 277 for 2,167 yards, 21 touchdowns and four interceptions.
- Lassiter QB picked as Georgia's Gatorade Player of Year
- Hutson Mason bides his time as Georgia’s ‘QB-in-waiting’
- Hutson Mason prepares for frenzy of being a starting QB
- Patience pays off for Georgia QB Mason
- Looking to make most of only year as starter, Georgia QB Hutson Mason studies up on Tom Brady
- Georgia Bulldogs putting their trust in Hutson Mason for 2014
- Keim, John (May 18, 2015). "Redskins sign four tryout players, but not Blake Sims". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-05-18.
- Walker, Andrew (May 18, 2015). "Rookie Minicamp Leads To 5 Redskins Signings". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2015-05-18.