Hypergonadism is a condition where there is a hyperfunction of the gonads. It can manifest as precocious puberty, and is caused by abnormally high levels of testosterone or estrogen, crucial hormones for sexual development. In some cases, it may be caused by a tumor, which can be malignant but mostly benign. Anabolic steroids may also be a major cause of high androgen and/or estrogen functional activity. Symptoms of the condition may include precocious puberty, rapid growth in adolescents, high libido, acne, excessive hairiness, and others.
- Hyperandrogenism and hyperestrogenism
- Precocious puberty
- Hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and HPG axis
- Gonads (testicles and ovaries)
- GnRH and gonadotropins (FSH and LH)
- Sex hormones (androgens and estrogens)
- Hypogonadism (hypoandrogenism and hypoestrogenism)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.